Fly Fusion Forums

Canyon Collapse Vid, Crazy!

esleech

I saw the extended version of the video and the river was flowing in less than 5 minutes, the water pressure was able to move the debris. Some geologist figured that if it didn't start when it did there would have been a huge destructive flood when the damn broke, go figure!

no i am pretty sure it was on the highwood too...

look on the video page, it says it is Sultan river and it happened in 2004..........

There may have been a slide on the Highwood, but this is not the video of that...

pay attention, to things for god sakes and things will be clear....

You're all wrong. It's the Livingstone. Sucka will be unfishable for years. That's just horrible.

He is right the Livingstone and all southern Alberta rivers are now carp and perch rivers......

Stay in Calgary and toast each other with crack and Starbucks..........

And take a Reading English as a primary language course......

He is right the Livingstone and all southern Alberta rivers are now carp and perch rivers......

Stay in Calgary and toast each other with crack and Starbucks..........

And take a Reading English as a primary language course......

Maybe you should go back to elementary school and take Grammar again. If you finish, look up 'sarcasm' in the dictionary. ;)

look on the video page, it says it is Sultan river and it happened in 2004..........

There may have been a slide on the Highwood, but this is not the video of that...

pay attention, to things for god sakes and things will be clear....

NAHH, You dont got it, GET IT!?

That's a baby slide. I remember in the 1970's a 1/2 mile wide chunk of the Peace River valley near Hudson Hope slid and dammed it up. The Peace carries 80% of the fresh water in Alberta. There were the predictable forecasts of a catastrophic burst flooding areas downstream - didn't happen. It took the river a couple of spring runoffs to clean out the channel. It was impressive to see. A lot of real estate moved in a few seconds. The slump was about 1/2 mile wide and took the valley wall back about 1/4 mile.

Ohhhhh I get it, you big city boys are so smart............

No, it's just that the internet can be a place of misinformation, and the fact that the video says

"sultan river" means nothing. Another perfect case of misinformation. It's the Highwood.

That's a baby slide. I remember in the 1970's a 1/2 mile wide chunk of the Peace River valley near Hudson Hope slid and dammed it up. The Peace carries 80% of the fresh water in Alberta. There were the predictable forecasts of a catastrophic burst flooding areas downstream - didn't happen. It took the river a couple of spring runoffs to clean out the channel. It was impressive to see. A lot of real estate moved in a few seconds. The slump was about 1/2 mile wide and took the valley wall back about 1/4 mile.

so much for the river view property

No, it's just that the internet can be a place of misinformation, and the fact that the video says

"sultan river" means nothing. Another perfect case of misinformation. It's the Highwood.

And since the Highwood is a trib of the Bow might as well not bother fishing it either. Never know what kind of ripple effect one of those slides might have. I'd just avoid any flowing water north of Carseland for the next few years to be on the safe side.