Fly Fusion Forums

Bc Steelheading

Hawgstoppah

Anyone notice the cover of this month's Fly Rod and Reel mag? I guess it's safe to assume there will be a few letters sent in response to the pic?

Stoking the fire???? The magazine is based out of Maine my guess is they are still wet behind the ears in terms of catching steel so they have not been "learned" to the proper way to land and take picts of a metal head... In time hopefully some one will inform them of the proper way to photograph a fish. Till then they should stick to striped bass. And letters will be sent in time... one battle @ a time though. Busy sending letters to BC Ministers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but the article is about BC fish.. And if I'm not totally off base, they perhaps were shown around by someone in the area? And as far as stoking the fire, seems this one's burning well enough on its own. As for the letters, good job. I would hope the more pious out there wouldn't limit their scoldings to just this site.

• 2 weeks later...

I catch Broonies on the Bow, bigger n' that...I'm just too modest to be postin' em' on the net like you guys... :lol:

Is that why you walk around the fishing expos with your fish picture portfolio. give me a break those fish were to close to the rocks. period. and just because there are other sites that display poor fish handling doesnt make it ok.

I don't know Toolman, the fish is far to out of the water, the sun is damaging it's eyes, you are wiping of it's precious water mucas, you are displacing the adapose (sp) fin in an unatural position. oh and you caught it with a hook.................... HAHA

Great Pic Toolman.

You'd think this F**King horse would be dead from all the beatings

The thing I never mentioned before, is my secret landing/photographing technique for handling big fish.

If you look closely, below the trout's tail, you will see a set of hemostats between my fingers...

That's my secret weapon...You see, this big Broonie was actin' up while I was trying to pose with him, so I clamped my hemo's down hard on his balls and he settled right down for the pic...

IMG_0184.jpg