Fly Fusion Forums

K Lakes

My wife and I are heading up to K Lakes tomorrow. She will fish some with me, but her attention span will be short (to say the least). Any hints on what and where will be greatly appreciated, as well as some standbys if K Lakes are too tough for me to get on anything, which is certainly possible. I have not fished still water much. so stupid fish would be a nice fallback!

My wife and I are heading up to K Lakes tomorrow. She will fish some with me, but her attention span will be short (to say the least). Any hints on what and where will be greatly appreciated, as well as some standbys if K Lakes are too tough for me to get on anything, which is certainly possible. I have not fished still water much. so stupid fish would be a nice fallback!

Wedge pond is a great back up spot and just tell your wife to take a hike and let you fish LOL

Yeah, K lakes is really not a place to get someone hooked onto fishing, its breaks the best of us at times. But if you head out strip those streamers and good luck man. Check all the stocked ponds around there as well like sibbald, mt lorrette or beaver ponds, if the time is right you'll get on her to more fish than needed

Check all the stocked ponds around there as well like sibbald, mt lorrette or beaver ponds, if the time is right you'll get on her to more fish than needed

I was planning on taking the wife out that way this weekend as well. I think that avoiding k lakes in favor of fish that might be a bit eaiser to catch is a good idea.

Any tips on the lakes mentioned above that may help us land a few?

steven>

Yeah, K lakes is really not a place to get someone hooked onto fishing, its breaks the best of us at times. But if you head out strip those streamers and good luck man. Check all the stocked ponds around there as well like sibbald, mt lorrette or beaver ponds, if the time is right you'll get on her to more fish than needed

LK,

K lakes wouldn't be my first choice for her, except that it is pretty! I plan tro try Sibald, Wedge or a couple of other lakes on the map. I can't find Beaver on the Backroad Mapbook.

I was looking at the map book and there are two Sibald Lakes, one called Sibald Lake just off Hwy 1 and one Sibald Meadow Pond off Hwy 68. I am assuming we are talking about the one off 68? At least that's the one I am planning on going to check out today.

If you do hit wedge bring a variety of beadheaded chronies (black with glass and/or gold beads worked well my last time out) - slow retrieve and takes near the surface where what was working my last trip out, but from what I have read the pond can be pretty hit and miss though

Ended up getting out late (with my wife, what a surprise) and had to leave early for my son's baseball game. We did stop at Lower K, fished for a bit and did get to see lots of fish. Nothing was turned on, but it was cool. Drove by Wedge, but did not stop. We fished Sibald Meadows Pond and played with the little (the big ones were 6") cutts. Jackie caught a couple. We were getting strikes on every cast, just not a lot of hookups. But probably caught 10 or so in a little over an hour.

Wife loved the trip, if not the fishing. But she will go again any time, particularly to K Lakes. Has no trouble watching me fish. WhooHoo!

Sounds like a good day! Next time you are at the K lakes, sink a streamer REAL slow to bottom and strip er back ever so slowly. Wine coloured streamers or black beadless nymphs are a good bet. If you wait for the lake to fill up a bit, fish the mud flats right infront of the upper k day use site. Small bloodworm or midge larvae chronomids below an indicator work for me. I stress the fact it worked for me AT TIMES, cause that lake has kicked my butt many times.