Fly Fusion Forums

One Last Time

Jayhad

So 420flyfisherman, Winston, Dekkard and myself all decided to play hooky, take advantage of the nice weather and look at some new water before the season closes.

We headed out to the hils. Fishing was tough for the morning with Winston landing the only fish, a small whitefish. I had a few good hook-ups but nothing to hand. What do you do in this situation.... cook a bad ass meal. We filled our bellys with bacon wrapped chicken breasts, veggys and flat breads all off the fire. It was near impossible to move after the glutinany but we worked things out and decided to move up the river. We came across a very nice hole that held a bunch of fish in it so we decided to intice them into our nets.

Winston was the first one with a fish landed, a real nice cutty.... the pics are on his camera.

Then Dekkard got one but it spat his wares before it made it to the net.

I was the next one in and I had two great hook ups right to net before I actually landed one, again a nice cutty.

I tried once more before moving and bang another real nice cutty to hand.

We figured we had taxed that hole well enough and moved up river, where Dekkard brought in his first fish of the day a scrappy cutty.

420 was the next one on to a fish and I am said to say I missed the pics of his cutty.

All of our fish were caught on nymphs and cooperjohnnys, small ones at that. They were all hand ties we have been working on.... I can't get over what a satisfying feeling that is.

We decided we had some good times so we felt like moving to other new water down the river. We hiked out and headed the car further down stream.

We saw a tonne of fish but only one taker. I nailed a bull trout on a streamer (3 times before he gobbled it) and that was nice as I haven't hooked anything on a screamer yet.

We all gave each other hi-fives after a great day on the water... not working and spent the 2.5 hour drive home recanting our season and planning our adventures for june 16. Hope you all had a great season.

enjoy our pics, winston will drop some when he gets them off his camera.

me with a nice cutty from the day

IMGP1511.jpg

Winston, hunting cuttys in some nice water

IMGP1519.jpg

Yo Dekkard, look at that bull trout

IMGP1529.jpg

You mean that bull trout

IMGP1544.jpg

Ya I'm goinging to tie up a streamer and see if I can't pop him, i say...

Dekkard "good luck he is right there looking at us"

Winston and Dekkard doing the bull trout dance.... look at my 6 wt bent right over

IMGP1549.jpg

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

new fishing friends are always welcome

but you have to pass the test first.

theres a chalis i need in a cave in a cressent moon....go