Fly Fusion Forums

Allan Bill Pond

Where did you read this? After the 2005 floods the former Allan Bill pond is just a giant pool on the Elbow, so it just holds the fish species found in the Elbow river.

i read it when doing a google search on the bragg creek area....guess the source was not accurate.

Guest Outcasts

Been doing alot of reading on golds and I know this...there are 6 lakes in canada holding them three of which are in alberta (coral lake, michelle lakes and barnaby ridge lakes) we wont likely get anymore from california (state fish) and they can only spawn at 2500 meters above sea level so I highly doubt they were stocked in that pond...upon searching the web I did find what should be that same site you looked at and it states that you could keep 1 golden trout (if you could find one) but that the regs he was going from were dated 1999. Your best bet is to fly in to michelle its 250 plus 2 bucks per pound of gear and ill warn you chances of hooking into a fish is hard and the avarage fish to hand is 1 in 10 hooked (supposedly very finicky eaters and are usually only hooked through one layer of skin) but ill let you know next year when i go.

no golden trout were stocked in the 'pond' from everything that i have read while researching the subject. if there had been they would have made their way down the elbow and in to the resevoir after the flood. feeling adventurous, try the hike up to south fork or baranby or be lazy - like me, and do the heli trip to michelle. there used to be a horse trail to coral but i seem to remember it has been closed and it is hike in only now.

That would be cool....So will this coming Spring....I think about it daily....wonder if we can top this past spring....We/I (and others) had a blast....

Cheers Dude...Jeff..

Sorry for gettin off topic....Just popped in my head and started typing....

Guest Outcasts

The provincial record is 4lbs 5oz out of barnaby ridge lakes which also goes by another name. The other lakes they say will poduce few trophies (over 35cm) due to population. They electro fished michele and said there was 600 fish in the upper lake and 1000 in the lower.