Fly Fusion Forums

Is It Warm Enough To Wet Wade The Bow Now

Hi, I'm going fishing tomorrow, I was wondering if it's going to be warm enough to wet wade the Bow River..

Thanks

I was down near cochrane last week and saw some people up to their knees and were wearing only shorts. When they came out there legs looked pretty blueish cold. I would recommend not.

Ewwww.....even at 35 degrees on an August day, I would NEVER wet wade the Bow. Maybe in Canmore, but definitely not below the city (i.e. the POO plant). There's a reason you see most anglers in waders even if they're naked from the waist up MAX. :D

Ewwww.....even at 35 degrees on an August day, I would NEVER wet wade the Bow. Maybe in Canmore, but definitely not below the city (i.e. the POO plant). There's a reason you see most anglers in waders even if they're naked from the waist up MAX. :D

Hi, I see your point.. do you mean you fly fish with rubber goves! Evertime your fingers touch your line you sometime touch your face, lips, eyes with wet fingers.... Now that's pretty GROSS!

Hi, I see your point.. do you mean you fly fish with rubber goves! Evertime your fingers touch your line you sometime touch your face, lips, eyes with wet fingers.... Now that's pretty GROSS!

You are absolutely right! My hands are wickedly dry and gross for 2 days after I fish the Bow. And I"m sure I've done all of the above. But I've also stood in the Bow in a pair of Columbia pants figuring I was OK cuz I was covered up, but then wondered why the scratch on my leg that was almost healed got mildly infected a day later. Coincidence? Me thinks not. All the crap that goes into that river - I won't be taking that chance again - it's waders for me. And it gave my old dog a wicked rash whenever he swam in it too. But he didn't care as much as I do LOL

You are absolutely right! My hands are wickedly dry and gross for 2 days after I fish the Bow. And I"m sure I've done all of the above. But I've also stood in the Bow in a pair of Columbia pants figuring I was OK cuz I was covered up, but then wondered why the scratch on my leg that was almost healed got mildly infected a day later. Coincidence? Me thinks not. All the crap that goes into that river - I won't be taking that chance again - it's waders for me. And it gave my old dog a wicked rash whenever he swam in it too. But he didn't care as much as I do LOL

Hi, Good point to all, defintiy don't shave your legs than go wet waden...

ahh lynn do u miss the half naked men talk between u n ladystrange on facebook? just gotta waite again tillnextyear i suppose ;)

This should be the general rule for lady anglers as well :angel:smail:

Hi, Now I'm looking for waders for summer wading.. good idea to have them I see all your points, all good imput. Thank-you!

I do alot of hiking to the water, seems to be that way. I need to get light weight breathables waders, I'm looking on the interent there's some chest waders with booties, wear boots over top of the booties. Going to Fish Tails would be the best place to get these, but they don't have many outtfits for woman, I've purchaced boots from Fish Tales mens, they are big for my feet, work ok, but makes my hiking a heavy load to carry up and out..

Thanks..

i lvoe my scierra cc3 waiste highs for summer fishing.. fit more like pants.. dan baileys makes a pair too... both jsut voer 200smackeroons

I bought Mike a pair of Dan Bailey's last year and he loves them. Actually I bought them for me, but apparently guys don't have hips or booty and long legs. I need to order myself a women's fit. And I will...they're worth the $$.

I need to order myself a women's fit. And I will...they're worth the $$.

Bare makes great lady cut or custom cut waders.... you can order right out of the fraser valley.... their "code name" for thier canadian factory is FITZWRIGHT.... I have 2 pairs that I bought 15 years ago and they are still kicking. google away

I've found a few nice women's waders but I want just the pants because I'm forever rolling down the bib of my waders and now that I wear a fanny pack it's just too uncomfortable. That's why I tried the Dan Bailey's. Hopefully I can find just women's cut wading pants. I'm pretty sure when I bought Mike's that they had some for women. That will be next year's purchase....there's always something!

Guest KnottyGirl
I bought Mike a pair of Dan Bailey's last year and he loves them. Actually I bought them for me, but apparently guys don't have hips or booty and long legs. I need to order myself a women's fit. And I will...they're worth the $$.

Amen to that Lynn! Let me know how you make out, I'll soon be in the market for a set of breathable waders for next Summer.