Fly Fusion Forums

Some Pics From Cape Breton Island

H2O

cape8.jpg

cape9.jpg

A trip to Cape Breton wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Lick a Chick, best chicken this side of the Causeway :)

cape10.jpg

Took this picture while drinking morning coffee on the couch at my Dad's house:

cape11.jpg

cape12.jpg

This is the lake I grew up fishing on:

cape14.jpg

This would be an average brook trout from the lake:

cape13.jpg

Couple of Atlantic Salmon pics here: http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6174

Hey. That picture taken from Margaree harbour, if you look behind you on the other side of the harbour, there's a house with a brand new garage. Next to a red barn of a house. My parents live there.

Anyways, nice pics man. I was down Margaree for 19 days in July. Fishing was decent. Did you fish or see any fish at Middle River? How was Cheticamp? Did you hit up North River? Cool to see some pics from up there. Were you there when they got 4.5 inches of rain in 6 hours? I got some killer pics of it. My dad fishes just about every day. Blue Izuzu Trooper.

Hey. That picture taken from Margaree harbour, if you look behind you on the other side of the harbour, there's a house with a brand new garage. Next to a red barn of a house. My parents live there.

Anyways, nice pics man. I was down Margaree for 19 days in July. Fishing was decent. Did you fish or see any fish at Middle River? How was Cheticamp? Did you hit up North River? Cool to see some pics from up there. Were you there when they got 4.5 inches of rain in 6 hours? I got some killer pics of it. My dad fishes just about every day. Blue Izuzu Trooper.

That's cool man, small world. Sont vous Acadien? Your dad is a lucky man. You wouldn't believe the number of parents I ran into that said their son/daughter was out West. I did see fish in Middle River and made a crap load of casts to 3 large salmon and a grilse in one of the bridge pools but no takers, the last pic in my first post is where someone caught a grilse the day before. Cheticamp was great, I mountain biked the 5km along the river. The Doryman probably has one of the best views for any pub in Canada eh? Although after a while it gets kinda blurry :cheers: I was not there when they got the 4.5 inches of rain but perhaps the day or so afterwards since the Margaree was unfishable and the others high as well. Cheers.

Good trip eh Harry! I heard the river was up by 2-3 feet at some points. When I fished Margaree 3 years ago it was the opposite with no fish moving due to hot and dry conditions. It rained a bit on the sunday they had the 50 anniversary of the Causeway and I headed monday morning and landed my salmon!!!!!

Going next year in August and will give er a go again. It is so addidctive. Let me know if you will be down as Jason may also be home.

Cheers

Rob