Fly Fusion Forums

Monomaster

Hi Guys,

I'm the inventor of the monomaster and just wanted to say thanks for the kind words.

The monomaster is proving every popular with anglers around the world and we're

very happy to offer a product that is helping folks deal with their waste mono more

efficiently. Did you see the gear review we received in the July issue of The Canadian FlyFisher?

Anyway, as a token of my thanks I'd like to offer you a discount for your group.

When you visit us please use with coupon "FFCalgary" and I'll take 10% off

your order.

Again, thanks for using the monomaster.

Ian White.

Hi Guys,

I'm the inventor of the monomaster and just wanted to say thanks for the kind words.

very happy to offer a product that is helping folks deal with their waste mono more

efficiently. Did you see the gear review we received in the July issue of The Canadian FlyFisher?

Anyway, as a token of my thanks I'd like to offer you a discount for your group.

your order.

Ian White.

Done!

Grasshopper. Does anyone in Calgary distribute these for you? The only problem with ordering online is the postage will be as much as the product.

I think you have a winner there. Its not too often you see a new fishing contraption that will probably make it. I and the environment wish you the best of luck with it

Hi Guys,

Yes, please mention the monomaster to your local fly shop as I'm sure they'd be interested in getting a few in.

If you'd like to order from a store in Canada we currently deal with

Headwaters 2 Ocean Troutfitter

16 Hart Crescent Whitehorse

Yukon, CANADA Y1A 4R4

PHONE: (867) 633-2666

However, as birchy mentioned I have kept the shipping costs to Canada low so that it doesn't become cost prohibitive for

you guys to get your hands on one.

I notice that many of you have already placed orders using the discount code. Thanks for your orders. We'll

have them to you before this coming weekend. I hope that you gets lots of use out of them.

Cheers,

Ian.

Hi Guys,

your order.

Ian White.

Yes, the coupon code is FFCalgary.

Has anyone experienced a problem using the code or completing an order?

To make sure the coupon is applied you have to type it into the box on the

first page of the shopping cart. That way 10% will get deducted from your total.

Any problems let me know and I'll help you out - ian@grasshopperproducts.com

Cheers,

Ian.

Thanks Grasshopper, I just recived two Monomasters in the mail today for the Bow River Clean up as door prizes. For anyone interesede I will have them on display if you would like to see them in action before some lucky participant goes home with it.

Matt

You're very welcome Matt. I hope it helps in some small way with the clean up effort.

To answer the above question. You can use the monomaster for any lengths of line, from less than an

inch to over 50 meters (see the demo video). I use mine mostly for the tag ends I generate when changing flies.

You'll be surprised when you get home how much this ends up being (if your trout are as picky as they are here).

When the monomaster is full, squeeze it a little and pop off the cap at the thumb tabs. Take out the

spinner and run a small pair of scissors up the side (i use my fly tying scissors). Then the line comes

off easily in 1 inch lengths. This way you can throw it in the trash and it wont become a problem for the birds

that scavenge the waste dump. If you save it all up you can also send it away to be recycled.

Tight lines.

Ian

I think I picked up Fishtales last two. Call them if you're planning on going there for one. Bill at the fishin hole was looking into them too.

It doesn't grab the mono as easily as I was expecting. I was expecting to just have to pin the mono over the slot, turn the handle and it would grab it but its not that easy. You have to feed a portion of it in and sometime a few turns still doesn't grab it. I'm sure it all depends on the angle, etc.

However, its a lot easier then wrapping it around your fingers and trying to stuff it in your pocket as it sprongs out, and you stuff it back in and it sprongs out again and you get frustrated and just throw it on the ground. Plus, it looks solid, so it should last a while.