Fly Fusion Forums

New Car

So I'm looking at buying a new car for the wife (and family trips on the Hwy). I've narrowed it down to these two choices. What are your thoughts. Both are great cars and have great ratings, fuel effic., resale, etc.

Civic looks a little more classy, but Corolla is cheaper by a few thousand.

Done the research, but what are your thoughts.

Guest JayVee

I can't comment on the Toyota but I have a Civic Si...not my first and probably won't be my last. I sold the previous Civic with 300K on it and hadn't had any major problems up to that point...just the regular maintenence issues (brakes, timing belt, etc) My current one has been rock solid and I can go to the Crow and back on half a tank of gas. It's a little sluggish if I need to accelerate quickly but it's a 4 cylinder. It has ample power when cruising (160 kph easily...not that I've ever gone that fast!). Toyota has a good reputation too, though; I don't think you'd go wrong either way. Good luck with it.

-N-

When we were test driving cars a couple years back civic and corolla were definetly number 2 and 3. My preference would have been for the Civic. But we ended up with an impreza for roughly the same money. Slight hit on the gas mileage but all wheel drive is nice in the winter.

How about a 1970 chev 3/4 pickup... For u I make a good deal. ^_^ with 6.6 liters under the hood, you can make it to the crow and back with only 1.5 tanks...

haha. Seriously, if you want it come and get it.

Thanks for the offer FNG. Will be in touch as I need all the feedback I can get right now....seems like I have two good options.

Sorry Jonny, but I already have two big trucks...that's why I need the little car. ;)

Guest Sundancefisher
So I'm looking at buying a new car for the wife (and family trips on the Hwy). I've narrowed it down to these two choices. What are your thoughts. Both are great cars and have great ratings, fuel effic., resale, etc.

Civic looks a little more classy, but Corolla is cheaper by a few thousand.

Done the research, but what are your thoughts.

I have had toyotas and hondas.

I find Honda dealerships and service centers seem snooty. I had a really poor experience with Alberta Honda and T&T Honda and Honda West. As for Toyota I found the dealerships easier to deal with and the service companies nicer and more reliable. I have used Heninger and Canyon Creek.

The price differences in my opinion can be attributed to the Toyotas cheapening their product as much as possible without letting the customer really notice unless you were a long term driver of them. The doors and interiors are cheaper. Hondas do seem better built by a small margin.

Overall quality for value I would say is equal. If you are tall like me you may find that the Honda has more room. Check the seat tilting as some dealers see big guys coming and tilt the seat back to make it seem like you have more head room.

Just my two bits.

Cheers

Sun

Honda! Better buy an anti-theft device as they are a very popular car for theives to take. I learned that one the hard way :(

New Honda's are a lot harder to steal these days it's the older models that walk. I only had 900km on my new 98 civic when it got stolen but I got it back with only 908kms on it, the ass' messed up the stearing so bad they could only get a few kms down the road.