Fly Fusion Forums

Pervert At The Lethbridge Air Show

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

When I was at the airshow on Saturday we were sitting beside a husband/wife probably in their late 40's early 50's. They both had very fancy cameras with telephotos.

I did not notice at first until during the airshow when everyone was looking up I glanced beside me at one of my kids and noticed he was facing away from the action and snapping photos of people behind us as they stared up at the sky. When I followed the angle of the camera it was apparent he was taking photos of women's breasts/bodies. I then notice after realizing that he was taking a number of such photos, women leaning over to adjust a kid in a stoller...cleavage shots, and women with ample bossums.

I commented to him that he was taking a lot more photos of people than planes to gauge his reaction and he just said he needed more people shots.

If I had caught him taking a shot of my wife I would of been pretty ticked off. As it was I was pretty sure he was also snapping shots of some of the younger teens around us. I know it is not illegal but still the sleaze on this guy was thick.

Needless to say with my wife and three little ones around I did not want to make a scene.

What would any of you done?

Cheers

Sun

Well since I have an 8 year old daughter I would have thought about punching him in the snout but would would that solve. I would have look for security or a Police officer and told them what you witnessed and let them decide if it was worth looking into or not. There are a ton of sick :$*%&: out there so I would not see any harm in reprting him at all.

Guest Sundancefisher
Well since I have an 8 year old daughter I would have thought about punching him in the snout but would would that solve. I would have look for security or a Police officer and told them what you witnessed and let them decide if it was worth looking into or not. There are a ton of sick :$*%&: out there so I would not see any harm in reprting him at all.

I thought that also but what law would he be breaking other than being a creep? If I saw him taking shots of kids I would of said something for sure. Taking shots of adults mostly is something different.

I believe there is a "voyeurism" law. I don't know the details but I just heard a news report of some guy getting busted for it. I'm sure this would fall into that category. It wouldn't have hurt to let security know what was happening.

Guest Sundancefisher
It never hurts to point it out to the Law and let them judge if it's wrong or not then you can always walk away knowing you did something about it.

I will remember that for next time. I wanted to deck him also...

I don't think there is really nothing you can do from what you described unless he is getting paid for the shots and they are published....in that case if the person/persons are recognizable he/she would then need a model release for the photos in question.

I do a fair amount of candid street photography and have never had a problem and even have had the police inquire as to what I was doing without incident.

Guest Sundancefisher
I don't think there is really nothing you can do from what you described unless he is getting paid for the shots and they are published....in that case if the person/persons are recognizable he/she would then need a model release for the photos in question.

I do a fair amount of candid street photography and have never had a problem and even have had the police inquire as to what I was doing without incident.

That was what I figured would happen. Still he was very annoying guy.

Reminds me on Camdolem beach in India..... me and my travel buddy are chatting with some very very Israeli girls, then i notice an Indian man with his hands down his pants playing with himself! So i stand up and try to translate "what the F*&^." He didnt get that, so i start to walk over and he finally got the idea. Different outlook towards women over there.....

• 1 year later...