Fly Fusion Forums

Olympus Stylus 770 Sw

How are you downloading the pictures? If you are plugging the camera in via a USB cable you will see the camera appear under "My Computer" or in Windows Explorer (Assuming your using Windows).

You then need to click on the device and enter into the file folders where the JPEG files are stored. Typically the JPEG files are in a folder with a folder such as [DCIM] then [Olympus]. Highlight them all, right click and then delete.

Basically the same thing if you are removing the card from the camera and inserting the card into your computer or a card reader.

So, after I download all the pics, is there anyway to delete all the pictures off the camera at once? Right now, I'm doing it one at a time on the camera but there has to be a quicker way.

Tim,

There are a couple of ways. The quickest is to hit the menu button, select setup and select format. It reformats the memory card and in doing so erases all the pictures. Takes a few seconds.

The other way is to hit the playback button (the one with the little arrow and star) then hit menu, and then hit erase.

Easy peasy, sort of.

weedy's way works too.

on the transfer software that came with my camera this an option you can choose during the download to erase the pics after the transfer. that would be another option.

Never seen this on the softwear. Where abouts is it?

didn't you get a CD with the camera that had the Olympus transfer software? i did (bought 770SW in March 2007) and it was called Olympus Master 2. works fine. likely can get it off the interweb at Olympus site - i'm guessing.

i don't have my camera with me so I can't look to exactly where it is but i believe it's an option when you are transferring photos. I didn't see it myself when i first got the camera. The other issue is that i think once you turn it on it will always delete them (or is it you have to choose the delete option every time i forget) so careful if you want to keep some on your camera for say displaying on a tv.

i will try to check tonight as to where it is on the process that you choose it. i do recall it is not intuitively easy to use.

you can also delete all the pics at once using the menu on the camera or of couse pic by pic (which would be a pain in the ass).

All I do is plug my camera in using the USB cable that came with it, and use windows explorer to open a new window to view them. Then I just highlight all the pictures from the Card and use the "Move Selected Files" or whatver its called, and move them from the card to the hard drive. Does both jobs at once. Copies the pictures to the Hard Drive and erases them from the card. Simple.

Tim,

I will make it easy for you.

1) Once you have the file that your photo's are contained in press ctr + A (This is the command to select all)

2) Right click and select "Cut" (You will notice that they will be light in color

3) Go to the file on your computer you wish to store them and then right click and select paste

That's all you need to do and all the pics will be moved over.

If you are selecting pic then hold down the ctr button and select the files you want then repeat streps 2 and 3

To get ride of them all once you have moved the photo's you want to keep then once again press ctr + a and instead of clicking cut this time click delete. All photo's will then be moved to your rececyle bin on you comp.

Pretty easy *hit if you ask me