Fly Fusion Forums

The Flygirls First Bullies...(my Oldest Daughter)...

beedhead

Guest bigbadbrent
Hey there dude....Do they look any diff in a net??...I only take pics of fish that co-op for a pic....I can ensure you that I take the up most care of any fish that I get to hand... (Well they might not like being kissed....LOL)....All fish I take pics of... swim away in a absolute energized healthy matter...Them there Bulls in the lakes didn't get to that size from being weak....

Cheers...Jeff...Had a blast!!!!

Here is a pic from this trip of a among many Bulls I have caught in the past with some serious lip damage from trebs.....

Seems to be very healthy....Iam sure he was at the lip doctor for a while....And sucked Suckers through a straw...LOL...Strong healthy survivors... that show C&R works!!!

And BTW....As soon As I get a fish on while alone....The camerea gets turned on, so there is no scramblin for a shot....

243.jpg

Why are you holding the fish like that, i don't get the angle either.....why not hold it the way your daughter is? If that fish moves, you're clamping onto that tail wrist and hurting that fis. Holding a fish right under its guts, a fish of size, can damage it..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me start by saying GREAT POST and it's good to see the little one getting into some awesome fish. I will be out that way tomorrow with my 8 year old and I might hit those spots so if your out there stop and say hi.

Second:

Use the PM mode first if you have an issue with the way someone is holding a freaking trout and talk about it behind the scenes. :$*%&:

Ya....I just got a nasty P.M. from this skeezruss dude....I can see why alot of people don't do alot of posting on this board like they used to...

Sorry for the absolute miss handling of fish... :o:blink::wacko: ....WOW...I feel a little bit of hostility...Dont bother me...I have fun...As do the people that fish with me....

I see BBB and his bud are just trying to get something goin....But on the same token...I'm not taking no crap from a 19 year old and his side kick....That seem to know just about every thing bout every stretch of water in Western Canada....Thats bout it...

Cheers dudes....Jeff...

Guest bigbadbrent

Explain your rationality for holding fish like that, and i'll stop being a 'douche'....Cookie cutter bulls need special angles to make them seem unique? Right....

Why is your Bull laying on your boat...Losing protective slime???....You don't have to answer that....Just like I don't have to answer to you...

Anyone who has caught a few Bulls know that once they are done scrappin...They are very co-op for a pic....They dont squirm around like a Cutt or Bow....

Cheers...Jeff..

Guest bigbadbrent

uhh ohh, wet mesh from the water and the fact that it had been raining all day, that's really gonna hurt the fish

explain why you hold the bull that way, and i'll be done..you still havent at all

I think it is better to have them doubled over themselfs in a net that is too small....LOL....have you ever held a baby when their head cocks to the side?... dosnt hurt them... just were it is comfortable for them to rest. In my opinion beadhead is not forcing the angle at all, just leting the fish put its head were it wants to be. Youve cauth these fish, you know how strong they are, if it wanted to be in a differnt position, it would be. Just my opinion, these are 6-10lb fish...mabey bigger, that have been brought in quickly and not fought to the death,(i know ive fished with jeff before). They are no more worse for wear in that position than in any other.

The fish come out of the water for that sec or two for a pic....Then right back in the water....

BBB is just trying to stir the pot... like he does very well on this forum....Let him be a douche...

He is prob sittin back laughing as we speak...

Cheers...Jeff...

Beedhead,

Nice fish.

Man, I'm getting tired of the rest of this garbage. Don't touch the gills, don't hold 'em by the belly, don't lay 'em on the grass, don't lay 'em on a rock, don't use a net, don't lay 'em on a net, don't lay 'em on a pontoon boat, don't land 'em by hand, don't use a big SJW. Blah, freakin' blah, freakin blah.

Maybe we should just quit fishing. That way we'll never hurt the little darlings. I'm cutting off all my hooks as we speak.

Edit:

Jeff,

don't let the BS stop you from posting. You want to take a pic, take as many as you want. You show your passion through your posts. That is worth 100X over the negativity that seems to get spawned far too often (which I admit to participating in from time to time).

I think it is better to have them doubled over themselfs in a net that is too small....LOL....have you ever held a baby when their head cocks to the side?... dosnt hurt them... just were it is comfortable for them to rest. In my opinion beadhead is not forcing the angle at all, just leting the fish put its head were it wants to be. Youve cauth these fish, you know how strong they are, if it wanted to be in a differnt position, it would be. Just my opinion, these are 6-10lb fish...mabey bigger, that have been brought in quickly and not fought to the death,(i know ive fished with jeff before). They are no more worse for wear in that position than in any other.

if you were allowing the fish to put its head where it want to be would it not be in the water?

In my opinion all BBB and Skeezruss are trying to get at is this,

A fish holds horizontally in the water most of the time, when you pick the fish up gravity is now exerted upon on the fish at a much greater force than it was in the water.

When you hold the fish vertically or semi vertically, the fish's internal organs are now not only being compressed in a unnatural manner but at a greater force.

It can HURT a fish, something that your probably wont notice as they swim away as they effects aren't immediate.

Im also not saying that this will occur everytime you hold a fish in any other position other than horizontal but should we not be doing everything we can to ensure that fish we catch are in the same condition when we release them as when we first hooked them?

I have 3 kids. All of them were tossed up in the air as babies and toddlers, unnaturally putting their internal organs under tension and compression many times over. None of them died, but now that they are older, they can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Hope I didn't cause that.

I catch rainbows. They jump in the air, sometimes they go vertical and twist around and stuff. Is that different from holding one vertical? Should I hold my rod down to stop them from jumping to save stress on their organs?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but sometimes this crap just gets carried too far. I am no fish biologist, nor do I play one on TV, but I would bet the money in my wallet right now that Jeff did not damage a single fish when he held it. (Not that I have much money in my wallet, but if I did, I'd still bet it.)

Guest RedWiggler
Ya....I just got a nasty P.M. from this skeezruss dude....I can see why alot of people don't do alot of posting on this board like they used to...

Sorry for the absolute miss handling of fish... :o:blink::wacko: ....WOW...I feel a little bit of hostility...Dont bother me...I have fun...As do the people that fish with me....

I see BBB and his bud are just trying to get something goin....But on the same token...I'm not taking no crap from a 19 year old and his side kick....That seem to know just about every thing bout every stretch of water in Western Canada....Thats bout it...

Cheers dudes....Jeff...

He does seem to have an answer or comment for everything doesnt he. :peesout:

I have 3 kids. All of them were tossed up in the air as babies and toddlers, unnaturally putting their internal organs under tension and compression many times over. None of them died, but now that they are older, they can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Hope I didn't cause that.

I catch rainbows. They jump in the air, sometimes they go vertical and twist around and stuff. Is that different from holding one vertical? Should I hold my rod down to stop them from jumping to save stress on their organs?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but sometimes this crap just gets carried too far. I am no fish biologist, nor do I play one on TV, but I would bet the money in my wallet right now that Jeff did not damage a single fish when he held it. (Not that I have much money in my wallet, but if I did, I'd still bet it.)

Yea rainbows do jump as well as many other species of fish but think about how long they are out of water. Seconds at most..

Your right neither of us are biologists but we're out there taking them away from their natural environment should we not do everything we can to ensure they are as healthy as possible.

And babies arn't fish, they dont spend 99.9% of their lives in water..

Thanx all.. for the kind comments on my Daughters fishin skills and all the rest of the comments...I fish hard when I can...And enjoy sharing pics of my trips....I absolutly love to see pics of other peoples trips, fish and scenery....I don't sit there and analize everyones pics and pic out the good from the bad....Hell, we have all been out on the water and had a fish or two not do to well after releasing it...But as long as we have done our absolute best to do what is right for the fish....Thats fishin!!...I don't post pics to brag...I post pics cuzz I love to see others pics on this forum...And I know people really like to see my pics....There sure are allot of fine casters on this board that used to post on this and the old Alberta forum....And don't anymore, due to the fact of high horse MO-FO's that think they are all that....I know why they don't post...Cuzz I have talked to them ....I think there are a few that need to grow up, and start to see the fun side of fishing....It is not a contest....Hell...I compete with My-self when I know threre are fish to get to hand....Thats why I have spent so much time In K....I am now starting to figure them Bulls out....And that is the way I am....If I wan it....I go for it....And wont take no for an answer....I could go on....But....I have a passion, and live it....

Cheers all....Jeff

Congrats on your first bullie flygirl! good on you beedhead for getting your daughter into the sport its great to see more young people on the water! theres nothing wrong with how you held those fish people have way to much time on their hands these days to critisize.....

Great looking fish!!

Thanx all.. for the kind comments on my Daughters fishin skills and all the rest of the comments...I fish hard when I can...And enjoy sharing pics of my trips....I absolutly love to see pics of other peoples trips, fish and scenery....I don't sit there and analize everyones pics and pic out the good from the bad....Hell, we have all been out on the water and had a fish or two not do to well after releasing it...But as long as we have done our absolute best to do what is right for the fish....Thats fishin!!...I don't post pics to brag...I post pics cuzz I love to see others pics on this forum...And I know people really like to see my pics....There sure are allot of fine casters on this board that used to post on this and the old Alberta forum....And don't anymore, due to the fact of high horse MO-FO's that think they are all that....I know why they don't post...Cuzz I have talked to them ....I think there are a few that need to grow up, and start to see the fun side of fishing....It is not a contest....Hell...I compete with My-self when I know threre are fish to get to hand....Thats why I have spent so much time In K....I am now starting to figure them Bulls out....And that is the way I am....If I wan it....I go for it....And wont take no for an answer....I could go on....But....I have a passion, and live it....

Cheers all....Jeff

Right on man! Down with the haters.