Fly Fusion Forums

New Video From The Humblefisherman

Hello friends and fly fishers,

"In search of Triploid Rainbow"

This our latest in the series just filmed this past weekend in B.C. A beautiful lake with some giant fish. I wanted to see what these "Triploid" trout were all about. More and more lakes are being stocked with triploids because of their fast growth rate and non reproductive qualities. I've heard as the water warms, lactic build up can tend to immobilize or kill these beasts in mid fight. The ones i caught fought hard and recovered quickly. Anyway i had a blast working on this episode of the Humblefisherman series, and i hope you all enjoy it.

look near the bottom right corner of the viewing window for an icon that say's "watch in high quality" looks way better that way.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCeC7dH6pQY

Like to hear what some of you think about the modification of trout from a natural reproductive state into triploidation. Made that last word up :) Interesting subject, does anyone know if they are stocking these things in Alberta?

The Humblefisherman

Thanks everyone for all your compliments to the film, the great people on this forum have alway's been very supportive!

The real props should go out to our Camera man Cory.

He got some amazing shots, and has come along way since his first movie with us " The Impossible Canyon". I was sooo stoked to see that he captured the giant leap of that rainbow.

Stay tuned as they should be popping out with some regularity now that the season is underway.

The Humblefisherman