Fly Fusion Forums

The New Fly Fisher

Poor Dodger. At least he tries. I like the New FF, I like it's format & music & instructional slant. I kinda think Mark Krupa is manic depressive. I'd hate to see him on an off day. But, he's better than that fluffy chick that makes her own shirts & lives off her old man's money. I can't stand her. But she looks nice. Proly smells nice too. Just can't stand her.

Hooked with Mark Krupa is a great production IMO. Some great scenery and a very honest show. Makes me think of what a fishing show might be like if Conan O'Brian had one sometimes as well.

Not many shows admit to 1000 casts with no fish like Mark does. Plus, I love how excited he still gets when he hooks into a fish.

I do like Sport fishing on the Fly because of the low production level with pretty good fishing and good information. Plus it is usually fairly local, which is nice. It also reminds me of what a show would look like if any of us were to do a show. Mine would come with an R rating for language though.

Truly the best Fly fishing show ever was "Fishing the West" with Jim Shonbourne (Sp?).

Great fishing, down to earth host and unbelievable locations.

The rest of the shows all pretty much suck in my opinion, but we all envy their job don't we.

ya forget about the put you to sleep fly fishing shows angling exploration group vids vol1 and 2 patagonia and new zealand a nice breath of fresh air in the fly fishing world!!!!

The best single shot I've ever seen on a fishing show was a shot of Mark Krupa playing a 20lb+ Atlantic salmon;

the cameraman was shooting over Mark's shoulder as this huge salmon erupted from the water, twisting & turning

head to tail in midair trying to throw the hook. I don't know how many times I rewound and watched those few

seconds, absolutely in awe -not just of the fish, but of the way that shot was captured. Phenomenal!

Hope he's off filming more episodes right now.

Columbia Country's not entirely awful; they even come north o' the border to fish in Alberta & B.C.

I do get kinda mesmerized by producer Bob Asbury's hand gestures when he talks- it's like a car

wreck-ya don't wanna look, but you can't stop yourself! They should really just film him from the

chest up so we can't see his hands.

Columbia Country's not entirely awful; they even come north o' the border to fish in Alberta & B.C.

I do get kinda mesmerized by producer Bob Asbury's hand gestures when he talks- it's like a car

wreck-ya don't wanna look, but you can't stop yourself! They should really just film him from the

chest up so we can't see his hands.

Whats up with the wired microphone? With all those commercials couldn't they buy some new age stuff?

Yawn..........................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

That is my opinion. The only one I like is Hooked with Mark Krupa. That show is very well done.

New Flyfisher- Totally agree, Dave. Although, I fell asleep watching it once, & I dreamt that I learned sumthin'!

Mark Krupa- Great show, kinda artsy at times, but it really works. As for Krupa, he's a strange cat; he should

annoy the crap outta me, but his schtick works for him. Like it a lot.

-Bob Loblaw-

Don't forget about Iron Blue - it was a favourite of mine, and actually still is. I have both seasons on DVD now. I'll watch any fishing show. There are a few things that annoy me to no end though. Hosts not wearing pfd's, hosts lipping bass and holding them horizontal, fish thrown over the side releases, grab the gills and pose.... Most of it is related on how fish are handled. I do get a lot out of watching gear fishers - I get a good insite on how I can relates the techniques to a fly fishing set up.

That was Larry Schoenborn from Fishing The West MTB.

Thank you. Miss that show.

Forgot about Mr. McLennon's show. It was indeed a good show.

That scene of Mark Krupa fighting that 20+ lb Atlantic was a great angle. Again, I loved his reaction after losing it. You can tell he loves fishing as much as all of us.

Loved Fishing the West. First flyfishing show I ever watched.

Iron Blue was great.

I like the New Fly Fisher, especially episodes with Brian Chan.

And Sportfishing on the Fly.

That about does it for me. I do watch Fishing Alberta, but I find Alex Kreis a bit much sometimes, and other times it's a little preachy. But they they are earnest in supporting various smaller communities, so I can't fault them for that.

Can you actually get Iron Blue on dvd? Where?

Smitty

You wanna see production values? Check out NFLD Outdoors, with Lloyd Colbourne & his sidekick/flunky/cook, Bryce.

I'm sure da b'ys from da Rock on here remember Lloyd & Bryce from back in the day (80's?). No mikes at all, dubbed

everything in later- even the sound of the beans & baloney cooking over an open fire. Mucho cheeso!!