Fly Fusion Forums

June 16 Opening Day

Well, Finally the day I've been waiting for is just a few days away. I will be going to North Ghost Provincial Recreation Area for our Annual Staff Camping trip. I'll bring me new G Loomis Streamdance and at least practice casting on Waiporous Creek. I know the Bow is good under these conditions but how will the other rivers be. Is it worth a try?

What's everybody else up to? and "No "you have to be specific!!

Stuff my way is looking like crap too. Lee creek in cardston... is muck... 5 times it's normal size. Makes it hard to hit the golf ball over it. Lost a few in there lol :numbchuck: Waterton / St Mary both high and look like crap. Oldman was muck at ft mcleod on saturday. Yup there nothing down here that's fishable (cough) :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Well as mentioned I was up in Waiporous the last few days and it was high and dirty. Next week I want to head down to the Gap and camp at Racehorse campground. Should I bother? What's the status of Racehorse, Upper Oldman and Livingston. Camping by yourself for a few days with no fishing might be a little boring. Peaceful ..yes.

I'm stuck in Fort St. John and the rivers aren't any better up here. Heading to Jasper next week, hopefully I can find some decent fishing there. Managed to catch some dinky rainbows by Rainbow Lake the other day at least.

Ole's Lake had decent fishing when I lived near there. You could try Charlie Lake or Swan Lake for sharks. One Island Lake is famous for huge hard to catch rainbows. I've heard the chironomid fishing can be good there. I remember as a kid seeing huge 'bows cruise the shoreline in the evening after spending the day on the water and getting skunked.