Fly Fusion Forums

Any Teenagers Fly Fish?

With the blue ribbon bow so close, I was wondering if fly fishing was a major pastime for teens in Calgary. In Houston, there were probably 3 people in the city who fly fished, so I was just curious if it is different here.

thanks for the feedback

My now 13 year old got us started fly fishing when he was 9. He loves it and we go out almost every weekend. Our family vacations are now planned around where we will fish and what we will fish for. Now if only I could get the 17 year old back into fishing--according to him, he is retired, and we never keep any of the fish so what is the point :P . Oh well, that means 4 to hike, 2 to fish, and 2 to read, everyone is happy!

Daughter is turning 20 and has fished since she was 9. Son, 16, does it when we go on a family outing and he has no choice.

I knew I should have sent you a message when I was in Sundre :D Nice town, BTW. Liked it there.

I knew I should have sent you a message when I was in Sundre :D Nice town, BTW. Liked it there.

Sorry she is engaged to a dirt bike racer who does not like to fish. He is being forced to come to the Livingstone this summer and be taught how to fly fish by my daughter. Things we do for love...

Depressing isn't it. I just realized I'm 21 :(

you couldnt pay me enough to be 21 again. God that was the worst. shitty jobs and didnt get paid by either one, working 6 or 7 days a week, got married

i'm much happier in my aged 32

i started fishing when i was 4 or so and fly fishing at 13 or 14 when physically forced to by my parents. kind of like Lynn with hers... there's hope yet Lynn

Im 16 and eversince my first bow river trout ive been hooked. Ive also taken up fly tying i got a vise for my birthday and im pretty stoked.

Do yourself a favour. Sell the vice and take up smoking crack. A lot cheaper and a lot less addictive.