Fly Fusion Forums

Pens In 6.

Guest RedWiggler

I am going to cheer for the Pens. My opinion is that these are the 2 most skilled teams in the league and they both have some grit as well which I think adds up to a very exciting series. Tough to pick a winner in this one, one would think the Wings are unstoppable but you can not discount the players on the Pens. Should be a beauty.

While the Pens are an awesome/exciting team and will be for awhile, this year the Wings will school them much like the Oilers were schooled by the Islanders a year before beginning their dynasty. The Wings will pick them apart with superior coaching, winning experience and most importantly their defensive corps is like nothing the Pens have faced thus far.

Wings in six.

Ayr.

Unpredictable! Only Maggie the monkey can answer this question!!

It's gonna be some awesome though watching the March of the Penguins vs the Big Red Machine!

It's what the NHL wants and needs for a Stanley Cup final! This WILL be a great series!!

Being from Halifax, and watching Sid play for Rimouski...I have to hope they WIN!

Malkin, NHL MVP!!

Go PENS Go!!!

Guest RedWiggler

GEEEEZZZZ!!! how good are the Wings?? I would like to change my prediction from the Pens winnning to the Wings in 4.

I know.. it's insane.

Most people usually say that the Western teams are quite a bit stronger than the Eastern teams...

Interestingly enough.. Ottawa cruised through the playoffs last year and then got crushed by Anaheim in the finals. Pittsburgh's cruised through this year and so far, are getting crushed by Detroit.

Cup winners since 2000:

# 2007 Anaheim Ducks

# 2006 Carolina Hurricanes

# 2005 Season Cancelled

# 2004 Tampa Bay Lightning

# 2003 New Jersey Devils

# 2002 Detroit Red Wings

# 2001 Colorado Avalanche

# 2000 New Jersey Devils

4 Eastern.. 3 Western.. So there you go, you can argue a case either way I suppose.

I know.. it's insane.

Most people usually say that the Western teams are quite a bit stronger than the Eastern teams...

Interestingly enough.. Ottawa cruised through the playoffs last year and then got crushed by Anaheim in the finals. Pittsburgh's cruised through this year and so far, are getting crushed by Detroit.

Cup winners since 2000:

# 2007 Anaheim Ducks

# 2006 Carolina Hurricanes

# 2005 Season Cancelled

# 2004 Tampa Bay Lightning

# 2003 New Jersey Devils

# 2002 Detroit Red Wings

# 2001 Colorado Avalanche

# 2000 New Jersey Devils

4 Eastern.. 3 Western.. So there you go, you can argue a case either way I suppose.

You can now add in 2008 Detroit Red Wings

Pens are the sexy pick, and are more fun to watch. Unfortunately, the Red Wings are kinda like the Spurs in Basketball. Everyone is tired of them, but they just keep winning.

Wings in 6

I just quickly want to point out the Texan got this right.

Booyah!