Fly Fusion Forums

Fins

I know nothing about these tube thingys.............................do the fins go over you wader boots or do just go over the sock foot of your waders. I see that force fins go on your sock foot wader but others go on the wading boot. I would think that on you boot ones would be more convinent but the force fins seem to be everyone chioce............help please.

Put them over your wading boots. Make sure you have a safety line attached to the fins because they don't float.

I know nothing about these tube thingys.............................do the fins go over you wader boots or do just go over the sock foot of your waders. I see that force fins go on your sock foot wader but others go on the wading boot. I would think that on you boot ones would be more convinent but the force fins seem to be everyone chioce............help please.

i used the caddies fins that went over the boots they float and work great and they were comfortable .....i bought a set of force fins later i find them really uncomfortable they dont fit over they boots and to me they were way heavier i think this year i am going back to the over the boot style

Guys,

For about 25 years, I've used diver fins over stocking foot waders. I got a pr. of Force Fins and find them both a trial to put on + they have about 1/3 of the thrust of my diver fins.

BUT - there is a plus. The toes of the Force Fins are open allowing me to move my pinkies here and there. I've been getting foot cramps [may be an age thing] the past couple of years and decided to try Force Fins. So far no cramps although I've only been afloat 3 times so far this spring. After the next 50 or so days, I will know which one I'll go with.

catch ya'

Don

get an electtric motor and u dont need fins at least i havent

I believe Mr.Barnes is referring to using a "tube thingy", which I'm guessing is Newfanese for float-tube/belly boat.

I, for one, would LOVE to see the results of attaching an electric motor to a belly boat...bet it would make a very

loud "BANG" when he screwed the motor mount to the tube!!! :lol::lol::lol:

An interesting insight....I was steelhead fishing on the Deschutes River in Oregon a few years ago close to where it meets the Columbia River. Regulations state that you can't fish from a boat. I saw quite a few belly boats. They are considered "boats" so it is illegal to fish while floating in them. Nonetheless fishermen would use them to move around the river from sand bar to sand bar etc. To legally fish they had to have their feet on the bottom while fishing. Therefore it wasn't practical to wear fins and they wore their wading boots on the "greased bowling ball bottom" and they used ping pong racket type paddles to get around. Kinda neat.

Wayne,

A friend of mine swears by the $90.00 Vietnamese boot foot waders sold @ the local lumber yard. He gets 3>400 trips out of them before they require leak repair. He uses divers fins. Feet are always warm. But then, so are mine. We both tossed our neoprene waders in the junk years ago.

catch ya'

Don

Go to your nearest Dive shop & buy a pair of the least expensive (<$100) fins that you can find that fit over your boots. You shouldn't have to buy the dry suit fins unless you have bigger feet than me (size 11-12) and you'll find that they're just as good (better?) than Force Fins, half the price, likely come with quick release buckles & float. Pontoon specific fins are overhyped & overpriced IMHO.