Fly Fusion Forums

Smartphone

I'm looking into a palm or blackberry. Whos' got what and what do you like/dislike about it. I want it primarily for the PDA and phone functions- no web browsing, a big maybe on email, but probably only a few times a year. txt messaging maybe.

So any preferences.

btw I'm with Telus.

I have a preference for windows smartphones. Take a look at the HTC Touch, 620 or 720. I currently have the HTC 621 from Rogers and really like it. Isimilarly don't really use email, most just the pda fuctions and phone. It is handy to sync doc's that have info you want handy. Before this phone I had a touch screen and it was good, but I found it heavy and then I dropped it breaking my first mobile phone ever. I also had an audiovox smartphone in the candybar style and it was nice but I missed the full keypad when entering data, the 720 looks real nice, I probably would have bought it if Rogers had it or if it was cheaper on ebay :)

Hope this helps,

Guy

I use the palm, and I have it without the data package (had to wheel and deal this with the big wigs at telus...the local dealer couldn't do it). Checked out the blackberrys yesterday, and I still like the treos better.

Call telus and tell them you want a treo without the data function..tell them rogers will let you do this (it's true, and worked for me).

I have an older model blackberry, with a scroll wheel. I dropped it today and the scroll wheel is jammed. It has been dropped many, many times over the two years I have owned it. Thing is damn near indestructable. I am in withdrawal.

I love the Blackberry. Good phone, better PDA. I've had a Palm, but it was a long time ago so I can't comment on it.

I have a Blackberry Pearl (pink, natch) and I love it too. The phone reception is 100 times better than what I had with the Mike phone. Never drops calls, coverage area is way better than my son's Rogers phone. I have the unlimited web and email. IMHO...if you're going to go email, really be careful that you won't go over your plan if you don't go unlimited. Otherwise your bills are gonna be huge. I have a myfaves30 plan plus unlimited web and email and it only costs me $75/month. Only thing I don't like is that when I travel there are no plans for your email and web to cut down on the roaming charges like you can with your phone service.

I'm looking into a palm or blackberry. Whos' got what and what do you like/dislike about it. I want it primarily for the PDA and phone functions- no web browsing, a big maybe on email, but probably only a few times a year. txt messaging maybe.

So any preferences.

btw I'm with Telus.

Hi, I have a plam, it's ok..

• 2 weeks later...

Still pondering......

Now i'm wondering about costs. Telus has quoted me a pretty good deal, but......... I have no idea about costs to

• send or receive a text message
  • retrieve an email / send an email

When doing email is it possible to get the message from 'palm' to home computer where all emails are permanently stored.

As you can tell I have no idea about this sort of stuff.'m of tha era that a phonewas a phone was a phone - nothing more nothing less.

Hints / tips????

Still pondering......

Now i'm wondering about costs. Telus has quoted me a pretty good deal, but......... I have no idea about costs to

• send or receive a text message
  • retrieve an email / send an email
When doing email is it possible to get the message from 'palm' to home computer where all emails are permanently stored.

As you can tell I have no idea about this sort of stuff.'m of tha era that a phonewas a phone was a phone - nothing more nothing less.

Hi, Well if your thinking about it, think about what kind of service your going to get from Telus.. Rogers, ect.. getting service goes-good service a long way expecally when you need it..

Hints / tips????