Fly Fusion Forums

A Day With Isaac

126barnes

Beautiful day in the St. John's area, decided a day out with my son was in order. Through him the flyrod and a couple snacks in the truck and headed for a little sure shot spot that I know.

Heres a few pics of the rest of the day.

sspx0033on2.jpg

Hard to cast with a 9' 6 wt when your only 2'-6"

sspx0034xl8.jpg

Fish on

sspx0035as5.jpg

First trout

sspx0036jz5.jpg

I know you don't hang trout, but I figured it would do less damage than a excited two year old...............look at that face

sspx0037ny0.jpg

Guest RedWiggler

Just looked at the pics again and am getting a kick out of them, I love the one were he has the line wrapped around himself, just awesome...........lol!!!! How old? my boy is 3 but does not show any interst at this point. Im sure that will change when we get him out on the lake this summer and he ties into his first Bow, and if he lets go of the rod I guess Daddy is going for a swim........lol!!!!

ya those shots are great. My boy is 6 and he loves to go fishing. Only trolling the lake right now but i'm thinking of getting him a kid's fly rod. I think i heard they make those. That second shot looks like when i first got my sinking tip line.

Just looked at the pics again and am getting a kick out of them, I love the one were he has the line wrapped around himself, just awesome...........lol!!!! How old? my boy is 3 but does not show any interst at this point. Im sure that will change when we get him out on the lake this summer and he ties into his first Bow, and if he lets go of the rod I guess Daddy is going for a swim........lol!!!!

He'll be three in August.......not actually 2'-6" btw. The second pic with the line wrapped around himself is from him actually trying to cast..........thought it was pretty funny my self.

It not that he is overly interested in fishin'.......just loves to be outside, he was just as happy playing in the snow and throwing rocks in the pool.

I think the flyfishing could fustrate the little ones, only reason I had the flyrod, is because I couldn't find the "winnie the pooh" rod i bought him last summer. He did fine, stood on my left flank when I'd cast for him and learned to pinch the line to the rod and strip line from there......................and no trouble reeling in two little trout..................:)

Guest RedWiggler
ya those shots are great. My boy is 6 and he loves to go fishing. Only trolling the lake right now but i'm thinking of getting him a kid's fly rod. I think i heard they make those. That second shot looks like when i first got my sinking tip line.

Some sweet colors on that Bow in your pic there TS.

Nice pics and report. I took my family out to FC on sunday around 11 and my 4 year old could not wait to get the Shakespear Spiderman in the water. We only fished for an hour and managed 2 whites and a bow as my 2 year old, who did not want to stay in the wagon any longer was making for the river. Very fun indeed. I enjoy it on the Crow even more as everything is downsized for them.