Fly Fusion Forums

Rivers, Creeks Or Lakes

Creeks. I fell in love with the Pembina, Lovett, L Smoky, N Raven, Blackstone etc last summer. I need more AB small stuff!!! It's all lake fishing here. I'm a stream and river guy. Technical casting, tight lies, branches, small fish, big fish crammed in small holes. Looooove it. "Riser. Onethirty outside seam under the willers, takem" as my buddy says

Small creeks for me. Sneaking up on gin clear corner pools, watching a fish rise to naturals, getting into position for the best cast without spooking the fish, then watching the rise and take of the fly. Nothing beats it in my opinion.

Little Creeks. The ones where you have to sneak up on the fish.

Yeah, little creeks all the way.

But I prefer the ones with stupid fish that are so easy to catch that you don't need to sneak up on 'em! ;)

Guest Sundancefisher

If I am by myself a nice quiet small secluded creek where sitting and watching the world flow by one water droplet at a time is serene, peaceful and mind replenishing.

When fishing with friends either a lake or a larger river... That way my buddy can out fish me and make me feel little in the scheme of life.

I love all three.

Grew up fishing little creeks and still love getting out on them occasionally for the challenge and scenery....

I love fishing lakes for the calming effect and fighting freight trains with fins that know how to use deep water to their advantage....

But I'm going to go against the norm and say that I prefer BIG water for too many reasons to list all of them. The thought process that goes into a day on Big water, the challenge, the big fish potential, etc.

A close 2nd or even a tie with BIG water is New water, but it wasn't a choice.

Here's a little Saskatchewan gem.

TUC0118.jpg

Neil Neil Neil, quit postin' my secrets :lol: :lol: That kinda looks like one a bit south and west of Carmichael that has BTs to 5-6 lbs. Mid June I gotta go in that area for 10 days or so, work till 3 fish till dark. Gonna by a hoot mon!

Neil Neil Neil, quit postin' my secrets :lol: :lol: That kinda looks like one a bit south and west of Carmichael that has BTs to 5-6 lbs. Mid June I gotta go in that area for 10 days or so, work till 3 fish till dark. Gonna by a hoot mon!

I should be a couple of weeks up ahead of you if the western preems fest is held at Speedy Creek. Why don't you show up some of your hidden secrets in the Porkies?? Or is that asking too much??

By the way Tac nice goin' on the Corbie lyrics. I guess I missed em first time around. Had a steak sannie in the Aud in Nanton last time thru just so I could see all the crazy taxidermy from the Highland Steer video. Always keep an edge on yer knife, fer sure.

Cool... I really should spend some time that Ft Mac area hunting grayling before the D10's get to it all. Caught a few Montana strain down here on the Belly couple yrs ago...purdy fish.

Public water Al public water :D most of these d00des round here don't like wastin time catchin' 6" fish....'sides didn't Daryl tells us t'other night he had 3-4 Beaver Cks in his area?