Fly Fusion Forums

Birchy's Sasquatch

Jeffro

Not exactly a sasquatch, but a rarity nonetheless. Can't say I have ever seen or heard of a black elk before....but I suppose I can now. Came across this gentleman dressed in black and a couple of comrades while out in the field. Sure made my day thats for sure. Picture isn't overly clear as they were 300 yds out in a field and my telephoto doesn't produce well at the range while shooting free hand.

Hope you enjoy! :)

_DSC00840001_1copy.jpg

Nice pic for 300mm hand held. What type of lens did you use?

just a nikon ED nikkor AF 70-300 mm. I'm still not allowed to garnish some funds for the VR lenses, One day I dream to own a nice telephoto..... ;)

Here is a photo to show his contrast to a normal colored elk

_DSC00560001_1.jpg

Guest Rocknbugs
just a nikon ED nikkor AF 70-300 mm. I'm still not allowed to garnish some funds for the VR lenses, One day I dream to own a nice telephoto..... ;)

Here is a photo to show his contrast to a normal colored elk

_DSC00560001_1.jpg

Nice shots man, wow he is differant from the rest.

he looks rather studly and dignified. rather pretty. i like him. that is the kind of animal i hope doesnt end up on someone's wall. only because he is so pretty. hope the genes carry on and he makes more :)

great pics.

Lucky for him and his buddies there is no elk draw in this zone, but that's not to say someone wouldn't take a poke at him with a rifle just because of his uniqueness.

Guest bigbadbrent
He's just got his "summerfallow camo" on. I don't like his chances come hunting season. Predators often select the "different" looking individual from the group.

Great shots, thanks for sharing

doing pretty well so far, good size elk