Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Tying Get Together

Guest Rocknbugs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about this idea alot recently would love to see some other people tie and If I can help anyone thats great, so count me in. I was also thinking that if people are interested (people like me without plans) I would happily host an evening this saturday if there is any interest probably have enough space for about 8 tiers.

I'd come when I can if this gets set up. Probably better off doing it later for now so people can get off the river and then come, and earlier in the summer so u can go fishing afterwords. Saturdays might be the only day that works for me, as sometimes when were in calgary that's the best time for me to escape the family stuff.

Sounds like a great idea since "Flytie Tuesdays" no longer exists

Hope Sean Darby see's this post, it would be great to get him down to teach us a little.

Does anybody know how to contact him???? It seems he dosn't visit the Rose and Crown as much anymore

(Don't read between the lines)

... and after tying for a couple of hours, when it gets dark we head down to the river for a night fish.

This is a very unique idea. Everyone ties a fly they think will work that night and then give er a try. Maybe provide a fixed list of materials that can be used and have people come up with something on the spot. Kinda like the Iron Chef show with the trout being the judges. :)

I'd be into just sitting on the bank to watch the outcome. And then, copy the hot fly for future posterity.

Guest Rocknbugs
This is a very unique idea. Everyone ties a fly they think will work that night and then give er a try. Maybe provide a fixed list of materials that can be used and have people come up with something on the spot. Kinda like the Iron Chef show with the trout being the judges. :)

I'd be into just sitting on the bank to watch the outcome. And then, copy the hot fly for future posterity.

Yea I was going to mention fish your own fly, sounds like alot of fun!!

Carl, i have no life. and i could use the tying time. if you are going to do this saturday PM me or get my # from brookwell

Ditto for me.

PMs sent. I was figuring if Rocknbugs wasn't available this weekend I could try hosting if anyone else is interested let me know and I will PM you the details.

Guest Rocknbugs

Hey whats up guys/girls, should I still be trying to plan this thing for the 8th or 15th. I have not heard much feedback from the interested group yet. So let me know what you all think.

Hey whats up guys/girls, should I still be trying to plan this thing for the 8th or 15th. I have not heard much feedback from the interested group yet. So let me know what you all think.

I am still interested either day is fine.

Guest Rocknbugs
for anyone that doesn't have anything going on tonight, there is room for a few more at my place this evening. PM me and I will get you the details.

(story about the hijack rocknbugs)

Yea dude you totally mowed my lawn. Good thing I brought it up eh!!

Sounds like a great idea since "Flytie Tuesdays" no longer exists

Hope Sean Darby see's this post, it would be great to get him down to teach us a little.

Does anybody know how to contact him???? It seems he dosn't visit the Rose and Crown as much anymore

(Don't read between the lines)

Ha! Ha! He's there most nights!

i'm gone from the computer for 1 day and it seems we have lost rocknbugs. i'm still up for saturday if my 'date' doesnt decide he actually has time for me, which he probably wont so i should be available.

in lieu of rocknbugs, anyone else want to host? i'd love to but i'm not at home