Fly Fusion Forums

Interest In A Beginners Swap

Flytyer

Being it seems there is a fairly substancial group of beginnning tyers here I thought I might ask this question. Our UK friends have done this and it seems to have gone over well.

If there is enough interest I could consider hosting such a swap. Just let me know what you ladies and gents think.

If you are interested flytyer, I've got a begginers manual that I've sent to one or two of the FFC members, it has ten patterns and step by steps for them in it, maybe you could send each participant a copy highlighting the fly they have to tie, and it will also give them an idea of what the other ones should look like, have a think and let me know if you want to use it and PM me

Hope this helps

John

Ok count me in on this one. How do we decide which pattern tie? do we decide or is the pattern picked for us?

This thread is just to get a measure for interest......most likely it would be your own choice with the exception that the same pattern can't be tied by 2 people

hope this helps somewhat

Guest Rocknbugs
To make a beginner swap worthwhile there should be at least 10 people participating....as of now there is 7 definate and possibly 8 that have stated interest.

Come on then guys/gilrs 3 more is what we need. Now that it has been brought up I cant wait to get started.

I'd love to get into this swap but might take me a little bit. I am getting together some supplies from ebay and not sure how long it will take to get here.

is that okay or should I just wait to join once I get my stuff?

funny I have fly fished for about 20 years and never really got into fly tying.

Here's a list of those that say they are interested or questionable:

1- mkankmike

2- cheeler

3- RegDunlop

4- 126barnes

5- rocknbugs

6- hopdrop

7- Teck

8- birchy

9- Rainbow

SnowWolf?

Ladystrange?

How would an April 1 deadline sound? This would provide ample time for all the flies to get here being one set would be coming from the east coast.

I'll start a new thread in the swap section shortly for this.

I'd be in if I knew what I was tying...money is hard to come by these days and to have to purchase new materials for it that I don't have I wouldn't be able to participate...Been tying for just over a year and am still a beginner in my eyes

• 2 weeks later...