Fly Fusion Forums

Calgary Bashing

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get busy Folk's....It is what it is......See ya on the Banks,,,,0 beers tonight...PS; you are bringing a truly beautiful pastime into something else.. At least for yourselves.. All I can say is that it is not about the fish and more about the fisherman..If you see me and my wife in in our boat,, please don't stop and say HI!! You will all find yourselves and the truth eventually....,Go ..Enjoy your hobby the way you percieve it to be,and leave it for others as well..

I love you man. Peace brother.

Fishead,

I've been fly fishing for 17 years, since I was 5 and strong enough to cast a rod. Personally, I think you're delusional! You sure sound like a purist to me....you drive a JETBOAT for Christ sake! I was born in Edmonton, spent the first ten years of my life in Grand Cache, fishing and exploring the Smoky and Little Smoky. Then my family moved to Florida and I spent the next 11 years exploring every tidal creek along the Gulf Coast I could find. If there were fish swimming then I wanted to find them! I also spent a lot of my off time in the summer backpacking up the Appalachian Trail hunting down native brookies at 2,000+ feet above sea level. I've caught trout in 14 states. I've caught tarpon, barracuda, jacks, sailfish, mahi-mahi, snook, redfish, sea trout and even sharks on a fly rod. When I'm not working, I spend my summer days with my backpack on and my 3 wt in my hand, trekking in some remote area of Alberta. I rarely post on this forum just because I prefer to just read. You spout off at every opprotunity and tell everyone about how much better than them you are.

Mind you I've done all of this before I even turn 23 (22 right now, 23 in April). I'm more of a trout bum than you could ever hope to be.

James

It really is sad what happens on here when there is an opinion expressed that doesn't reflect those of the clique. Imagine, someone from Calgary sticking up for Calgary. Good on ya Fishead, too bad you have to defend yourself everytime you post.

I was born in Calgary, on the Banks of the Bow..I was lucky as my parents owned 500' of Bow river frontage..Been also lucky to have a grandfather who was British and came to Canada in 1896, and who was a flyfisher..Been this way my whole life...Love the Bow, Love ffing..Used to guide...Drifted the Bow every year without fail since 1969 ...I try hard to accept every different permuation of ffing, and all of the other things that often occur on this website, including all of the divergent opinions.. I am somewhat amused by all of the flak and crap that my posts provoke and always enjoy the rebuttal...Ladystrange...Do you live in Forestlawn??? Used to live in edmonton??? Why would you feel like all I wanted to do was cause *hit...I look at almost of the posters on this site as beginners, hopefulls, wannabees, or just plain in search of something to believe in...I have been this way all of my life..I have taught over 100 people to ffish, guided 100's of people, never taken it too seriously and seen many changes in this river,system and economy...I was born on the banks of the Bow in 1961 and feel some sort of right to express my opinion...I never wanted to fit in with this narrow, simple ,little clique, but I do have an opinion, view and will not be bullied into to submission...When I started ffing on this system...Country Pleasures wasn't even an Idea.. Believe me ,,They also werent the first ffing shop in Calgary ...BRING IT ON

"born in Calgary, on the Banks of the Bow"

-How come you can never find a potato sack & a big rock when ya really need 'em?

"Been this way my whole life..."

-Not buying this one! If you were this way as a wee'un, surely yer folks woulda found a sack & a rock....KERSPLASH!!!

"I try hard to accept every different permutation of ffing"

-As long as it's streamer fishing from a jetboat...

"Why would you feel like all I wanted to do was cause *hit..."

-This is a rhetorical question, right?

'Cuz the "BRING IT ON" at the end of your diatribe is not exactly an olive branch, is it?

Be sure to tune in later, folks, for more of "Being Fishhead";(not suitable for most audiences!). ;)

Thanks, Fishhead, for heating things up on these cold winter days; keep up the good work! :P

It really is sad what happens on here when there is an opinion expressed that doesn't reflect those of the clique. Imagine, someone from Calgary sticking up for Calgary. Good on ya Fishead, too bad you have to defend yourself everytime you post.

I see Fishhead's young apprentice has decided to poke his nose in again. This should be good.

Take it easy, Castor! If Fishhead starts thinking some of us like him, he might just lose his only reason to exist.

Then, he'll quit posting, & this forum will be less fun. After all, intentional or not, he's very amusing. :)

I choose not to reply to most of these replies...What a bunch of crap...I know that I am not alone, as I have talked to several people who find this website to be juvenille, offensive, stoopid or just plain irrelevant...This site has a few choices to make...Grow up ?? Become more representative?? Disapear?? Get real?? Or is this the view of your homogenous, narrow minded community? Dave Devlin...Does this site truly express your views?? No Comment?? Holy Crap...I speak for myself..Alone... I find most of the posts and pictures, comments goals, etc etc to be of the first level of flyfishers..There is a lot more to this hobby than holding up fish to get a picture..What's Next ??? Kill the people who's views don't match your own??

I choose not to reply to you not replying to most of these replies..... :blink: