Fly Fusion Forums

Sanding The Cork

If you are not wanting to reduce the diameter of the handle, I would suggest Gojo hand cleaner with pumice. It removes all kinds of dirt without affecting the cork. Gojo can be bought at Rona or Can Tire.

that orange stuff is awesome...removes some wicked oil stains off the hands after working under a vehicle...plus it comes with a nice little scrubby brush (bonus!)...:D

enough bleach and warm water to cover the handle...soak for a while then scrub with an old nail brush or tooth brush...works good

...those "special" areas you hafta figure out by yourself

I reckon GOJO is similar to Decosyl, that we have over here, clear orange gel, cleans everything and anything, we have a one now has polymer particles in it that aid the cleaning, personally I use ordinary washing up liquid with a nylon scourer, works fine, just make sure you let it dry naturally, don't be tempted to put it over heat, it'll bugger the cork up, if you're in a hurry use the cool setting on a hair dryer,

Pythagoras,

If you are going to use toothpaste that the cream colored one rather than the gel. The cream colored one contains diatomaceous earth [essentially ground up sea shells] that work as an abrasive. The cream toothpaste works for all kinds of things. Polishing hard plastic parts, buffing windshields [i've heard] and shining cane rods.

catch ya'

Don