Fly Fusion Forums

Trout Attack With Pics

monger

I call BS. We want pics first, then video footage to back up the attack claim. Yes you will have to try and reproduce the event, blood and all, just to get it on tape.

You sure those aren't bulls you have in that tank and you're forearm was mistaken for a Cutty?

I can hear the Jaws tune in my head right now.... :D

I call BS. We want pics first, then video footage to back up the attack claim. Yes you will have to try and reproduce the event, blood and all, just to get it on tape.

You sure those aren't bulls you have in that tank and you're forearm was mistaken for a Cutty?

I can hear the Jaws tune in my head right now.... :D

IMGP1065a.jpg

:lol::P

Brownstone, the trout tank is part of a tank system I maintain for research purposes. It holds about 400L of water and has a partial flow-through coming via a dechlorinator. The bulk of the water is recirculated through a big gravel filter.

Weedy, all I can say is that I am more surprised than you. I have had these trout for about 3 years. Usually they just try and wack my arm with their tails as a defense behavior. When this one bite me today I was just laughing with astonishment.

Good thing they aren't Bulls. I might not have made it out alive!

Guest Sundancefisher
Brownstone, the trout tank is part of a tank system I maintain for research purposes. It holds about 400L of water and has a partial flow-through coming via a dechlorinator. The bulk of the water is recirculated through a big gravel filter.

Weedy, all I can say is that I am more surprised than you. I have had these trout for about 3 years. Usually they just try and wack my arm with their tails as a defense behavior. When this one bite me today I was just laughing with astonishment.

Good thing they aren't Bulls. I might not have made it out alive!

Okay....if you are vying for workman's compensation I can vouch for you. If you are going to claim long term disability due to the emotional scaring and fear of fish...I will take all your fishing equipment...just so the judge believes you!

I'm not surprised at the damage they can inflict. I have a 65 gallon tank with a few Clown Loaches and 2 Large Silver dollars. I have been hit by the Dollars while cleaning the tank. Even though they are only 6" their initial burst of energy can be quite powerful and painful.

Did the fish actually bite or get spooked and bolt in the direction of your arm while just happening to have it's mouth wide open?

The fish did the usual froth at the surface looking for pellets when I lifted the lid, and then went to the bottom when they saw I was going to stick something (my arm) into the tank. I stuck my arm down to about elbow depth and the dominant fish casually swam over to my arm and opened her mouth and gave it a chomp. I quickly withdrew my arm with a loud "you bugger" and a laugh. I guess there is a first time for everything.

While helping with a stream survey, measuring and fin clipping browns, one of them bit me. That or my finger got caught on her teeth. I guess I had it coming after dishing up a stun, scooping her into a bucket, fishing her out, plopping her on a board and snipping her fin. There was blood. And not fish blood, btw.

Hey Rick, SKIN IS IN!

Have you used Hare's ear nymphs much on the Bow? This year I'm going to try some Elk Ear nymphs:

Decelk001.jpg

Awesome. Dinner at your house?

Actually, I've not had much luck on the bow with Hare's ear (could be because I don't use it enough) but have done very well down south.

I'll give those elk ear hair nymphs a roll though. You know where I'll be, I'll be listening for your dog!

Guest Sundancefisher

I saw him today... Apparently it is a rash that is spreading although I left before he could show more. Apparently he is allergic to not fishing. The fish biting story is just a cover up.

Guest Sundancefisher
Here's a picture of the killer trout for Dave

Killertrout010.jpg

Man you can see the anger in that trout's eyes... He must hate you something fierce monger.