Fly Fusion Forums

Getting To Know Your Criminal Code

Canada's laws certainly are not as interesting as some countries. but there are a few that make you go hummmm. Ciminal Code of Canada

Piracy - (B) steals or without lawful authority throws overboard, damages or destroys anything that is part of the cargo, supplies or fittings in a Canadian ship,

is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.

**so if you happen across a canadian ship - any boat registered in canada and take off a fitting (oar holder for example) and throw it into the lake - you have committed piracy.

Dueling - 71. Every one who (a) challenges or attempts by any means to provoke another person to fight a duel, (B) attempts to provoke a person to challenge another person to fight a duel, or © accepts a challenge to fight a duel,

is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.

so be nice and dont call out your fellow board members - LOL

when it comes to animals... apparently having sex with an animal gets you a longer sentance than if you maim or kill it, unless it is cattle.

Bestiality

160. (1) Every person who commits bestiality is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Injuring or endangering cattle

444. Every one who wilfully

(a) kills, maims, wounds, poisons or injures cattle, or

(B) places poison in such a position that it may easily be consumed by cattle,

is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

R.S., c. C-34, s. 400.

Injuring or endangering other animals

445. Every one who wilfully and without lawful excuse

(a) kills, maims, wounds, poisons or injures dogs, birds or animals that are not cattle and are kept for a lawful purpose, or

(B) places poison in such a position that it may easily be consumed by dogs, birds or animals that are not cattle and are kept for a lawful purpose,

is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

selling defective stores to the military will get you 14 years... does that mean that whom ever sold us the leaky subs got the book thrown at them..?

Selling defective stores to Her Majesty

418. (1) Every one who knowingly sells or delivers defective stores to Her Majesty or commits fraud in connection with the sale, lease or delivery of stores to Her Majesty or the manufacture of stores for Her Majesty is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.

There is another couple of looney laws that dates back into the early settlement of this province and country.

I'm not sure if this one is still a legitimate law,

but you are supposed to receive a gun and a horse when you are released from Jail in Alberta. If this law is still active, it would only take one person to bring it back from the dead and have it omitted from our legal sysem.....

Another one that pertains to fisherman with boats.

As the captain of your ship/vessel you have the power to have an authority figure (ie. a F&W officer/ police officer) hand over their fireams before entering your vessel. Another archaic law that would probably get you in more than trouble than worth imagining.

Gotta love the looney laws!

i challenge you to a duel Jeff...charge me with the indictable offense... :lol:

You forgot to slap me with a white glove first.......

And I accept! Loser buys the beer! And if he can't, then we buy it with whatever money was left in his wallet.....

You forgot to slap me with a white glove first.......

And I accept! Loser buys the beer! And if he can't, then we buy it with whatever money was left in his wallet.....

i would slap you with a white glove but i feel uncomfortable imitating michael jackson's foreplay...LMFAO :P:lol:

DBT in live training for the upcoming duel..... better watch your back jeffro

The only thing missing is the pink tutu in his avatar and the barbie tatoo on his well trained hand (that has seen a lot of use and abuse over the years) and that's DBT in a nutshell...... :lol::lol:

Jks

the court is yours DBT.....

The only thing missing is the pink tutu in his avatar and the barbie tatoo on his well trained hand (that has seen a lot of use and abuse over the years) and that's DBT in a nutshell...... :lol::lol:

Jks

the court is yours DBT.....

hey jeff...quick question...what is with your obsession with seeing me in a pink tutu or leotards?...just curious...

i was wondering how long this would stay on topic. LOL

i think the calgary law is that if you are run out of town they have to give you a pistol, a horse and one days rations, but you cant come back.

i have heard there is another except to the murder law, if you are being attacked by indians while travelling at night in a covered wagon and you shoot one... it's ok.

long winter indeed

hey jeff...quick question...what is with your obsession with seeing me in a pink tutu or leotards?...just curious...

Well you just look so darn cute in a pink tutu....... :rolleyes:

Now what was this thread about........oh yeah Daves infatuation with crotch rockets......

LS thats the law I was thinking of regarding the horse and a gun. Pretty sweet they throw in a meal on your way out of cow town too. I may just have to take Calgary up on that offer (and yes I could handle never going back...)

Try these on for size!

In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

Let's see them just try that one, a severe Glasgow Kiss coming up for ye, Jimmy!

In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.

The upshot of this one is that you can get done for indecent exposure and end up on the Sexual Offenders Register!

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

What?

It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

Used to do that one all the time!

In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

Pickled Herring anyone?

You and who's army?

As the captain of your ship/vessel you have the power to have an authority figure (ie. a F&W officer/ police officer) hand over their fireams before entering your vessel. Another archaic law that would probably get you in more than trouble than worth imagining.

This one still hold's true today with respect to an Aircraft.