Fly Fusion Forums

Looking For A Concert Buddy

I have 2 tickets to Collective Soul at Flames Central on February 6th at 8:00 p.m. I'm looking for somebody to go with likes CS, that can appreciate the music and the concert. My other concert buddy can't make it and it's not really Mike's bag and I don't want to make him go, even though he will if I don't find someone else, God love him.

If you're interested, PM me.

Thanks.

Guest bigbadbrent
Ya.....it's more of a young folks' band :lol::P

But you'll be my first call if LZ starts touring and I get some tix!

get a flight to london, LZ reunion tonight

John Bonham- dead

Jimmy Page-63

JP Jones 61

Robert Plant-59

Rock on.

Who am I kidding, I'd go in a second.

I've had tickets to them twice. 1st time Plant's son tragically died. 2nd time John Bonham died. Odds are pretty good if they tour and I get tickets someone else will die. But looking at their ages, odds are pretty decent someone would die anyway.

John Bonham- dead

Jimmy Page-63

JP Jones 61

Robert Plant-59

Rock on.

Who am I kidding, I'd go in a second.

I've had tickets to them twice. 1st time Plant's son tragically died. 2nd time John Bonham died. Odds are pretty good if they tour and I get tickets someone else will die. But looking at their ages, odds are pretty decent someone would die anyway.

I don't know if I'd go, I saw these guys in 1970 and they got booed off the stage in Edmonton at the Kinsmen Fieldhouse. Of course everyone was there to see the headliners Vanilla Fudge. Plus it was in February and minus 20 something and Plant made some stupid comment about the weather and they were all over.

Read part of the Review in the Sun. Said the concert was unbelievable. Something about Gods of Rock.

Vanilla Fudge headlined Zep. Funny that!

The first time I saw AC/DC they were the opening act for some obscure band I don't even remember. I do remember thinking "those Australian guys were pretty good"

Wasn't Loudness was it? Kooky Japanise band from the 80's...very loud...

Actually, never heard of Loudness. So it wasn't them.

Lynn, don't tell anyone, but I had a Collective Soul CD in the mid 90s. I remember listening to it very loud. Nice, mindless fun.

Darthwader...that's a great nic! You wouldn't be related to Max the Jedi would you?!

Oddly enough, judging from the last time I saw CS in the summer, if you're there wearing waders you really won't stand out too much at all. I must be getting old...some of the things people wear.... :blink:

As it turns out, myself and the Strange Lady will be attending the soiree together. I won't tell you how you'll be able to notice us. But trust me...you will :lol:

I don't know if I'd go, I saw these guys in 1970 and they got booed off the stage in Edmonton at the Kinsmen Fieldhouse. Of course everyone was there to see the headliners Vanilla Fudge. Plus it was in February and minus 20 something and Plant made some stupid comment about the weather and they were all over.

I thought you were joking...

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-29-1969

Darthwader...that's a great nic! You wouldn't be related to Max the Jedi would you?!

Oddly enough, judging from the last time I saw CS in the summer, if you're there wearing waders you really won't stand out too much at all. I must be getting old...some of the things people wear.... :blink:

As it turns out, myself and the Strange Lady will be attending the soiree together. I won't tell you how you'll be able to notice us. But trust me...you will :lol:

No relation to MAx... unfortunately, but thanks for the kind words. While I am not the biggest CS fan, I will admit they have some good songs and it always surprises me that they only play small venues...considering the number of radio songs and the time they have been around. But, I guess that's good for us to get to see them in a smaller venue. All in all, they usually put on a pretty good rock show.

Now, about that spandex thing...

• 1 month later...

Well...I don't think Tiana is much of a cougar YET, but I can say that this old girl is damn TIRED this morning. Didn't get home until 1:30. Concertgoing is a young kids' game - you can have it. We old folks need our sleep.

Despite the awful, terrible, crappy, LOUD opening act and the crappy overcrowded venue of ignorant people, the strange lady and I had a great time (well....at least I did, I shouldn't speak for her!). I love CS - all was forgotten by the time they took stage - albeit 3 hours after the doors opened. Their concert was great. And my date was pretty fun too ;)

And, no, I spared the public at large and did not break out the Spandex :P

Well...I don't think Tiana is much of a cougar YET, but I can say that this old girl is damn TIRED this morning. Didn't get home until 1:30. Concertgoing is a young kids' game - you can have it. We old folks need our sleep.

Despite the awful, terrible, crappy, LOUD opening act and the crappy overcrowded venue of ignorant people, the strange lady and I had a great time (well....at least I did, I shouldn't speak for her!). I love CS - all was forgotten by the time they took stage - albeit 3 hours after the doors opened. Their concert was great. And my date was pretty fun too ;)

And, no, I spared the public at large and did not break out the Spandex :P

Lynn,

I thought CS were pretty good... but it was a very late night. I too thought that first band was really loud but I thought there version of Edge of Seventeen was pretty good.

My only knock was we were way back by the main bar and it was tough seeing through all of those heads. Good thing I am 6'4...bad thing my wife isn't. One of these days I will learn that doors open at 8 means main act starts at 10:30...

DW

LOL. i had a great time.

it is pretty sad when the best song a band does is a cover of stevie nicks :blink: maybe if they had turned down the volume a little we could have actually heard the opening act instead of just noise.

due to my "bad back" we managed to get on the reserved seating balcony and had a fairly decent view of CS.

i got home around 1:30 and was up, not awake, but up at 6. i have to admit, i hit snooze twice. i even made it through the day, i wasnt very productive mind you, and that "letter" lost it's appeal the thrid draft through but what the hell. giver while you can, you can sleep when you die. or in about an hour from now.