Fly Fusion Forums

Yeah..

birchy

Gheez Dave....I just wanna know if you're going to the Pacific or the Riviera side, what hotel you're staying in and who you booked through....not who you have hot tequila-induced sex with :lol:

I'm not being nosey - just thinking of doing the Pacific side this year as we've been to the Mayan Riviera (Playa Del Carmen) 3 times now. Just from everything I've heard, the Pacific side (Cabo, PV) just doesn't compare. But it's a shorter flight and it's a bit cheaper so I'm willing to consider.

Now Lynn, I don't think it is fair to get on Dave about Tequila induced sex, when apparently you are planning on "doing" the whole Pacific side. Hello Pot, meet Kettle.

no problem. if you are considering going to Cabo, ask someone who has been recently. i have been there twice, but both times were 8 years ago. i havent been a travel agent in 7 years. both times the same areas were still under construction 3 years apart. i got the feeling that there was not a lot of progress. Cabo san lucas is more touristy than san jose, there are a number of nice hotels but no all inclusives, can get expensive. you look at the marinas. head south and fish at the arches from the beach. someone on the forum just came back but i dont remember who.

Nuevo was nice, but away from PV, you can take the bus in but limited on times and almost always had to take a taxi back. again it has been 7 years since i was there. there may be more build in nuevo as they were trying to address the north end of PV for tourists, but as always, if you want to party or shop everyday, downtown is the place to be. the tourist zone on the beach just outside of town is very nice.

i think my biggest complaint is the pacific ocean, whether you are in vancouver, anchorage los angeles or PV, it all looks the same. the only exceptions that i have found are hawaii and aucapulco. sort of a greyish bluey green, poor visibility. yes the pacific destinations are less expensive, the charter flights go every week year round to most places but you get what you pay for. it is great if all you want to do is lay on the beach and drink, or for cabo - golf...

now somthing to think about for similar cost is cuba. dont go below a 4 star, but it is supposed to be amazing, the people are great, the food is average and not a lot of flavour but i have heard that is also changing. tip well and you are treated like royalty. fishing is supposed to be fantastic. you can bring home the cigars and smoke them in front of your american friends and laugh. oh wait, that's me. they get touchy when you do that.

I would definatly go Cuba over Mexico, been to both.

Mexico you can't really venture on your own, out of the Clubs as you can in Cuba, people are great, fishing, diving and snorkling are fantastic. And the Cigar can't be beat

As far a Cabo to americanized (sorry rickr), but cuba is definatly it's own experience and well worth it

the 2 times I went I extended my stay.

just my opinion.

Teck

I am going somewhere in January. Probably west coast MX only because of the shorter flights. I've been to Cabo and it is just like San Diego just with fewer Mexicans :lol: . I have been to PV twice but 25 years apart. Quite a difference. Nuevo Vallarta was jungle the first time I was there. My boss lives in Huatulco in the winters and loves it.

I am waiting til the last minute. I hope it works out!

This post has more twists and turns than an Oliver Stone conspiracy theory.

So, to recap:

Birchy is sad he can't fish

I hijacked it to discuss my lack of skating ability

Hijacked back to fishing, with a short detour to snowboarding

Lynn tried, unsuccessfully, to hijack to scrabble

Another short snowboard detour

Lots of stuff about Mexico

Then Lynn called Dave a whore (I am taking a bit of creative license here)

Then a drunk (I think that came from Taco)

Dave has a red ass and likes it

Lynn and LS discussed doing Mexico

I can't go to Cuba, but apparently all you people can

Dave tried, unsuccessfully, to get the post back on Fishing in the cold

If I missed anything, please let me know.

Wow....I never really thought about it before now, but I think Dave really might just be a whore :lol:

I think that about sums it up Rick. I'm surprised that global warming never made it in here with the talk of cold weather fishing and warm weather drinking and whoring.

Then a drunk (I think that came from Taco)

Well not quite a drunk...Lets just call it the voice of experience, if I can recall from that period of my life when I was between marriages and about the same age as Ol' David... parts were kinda bleary @ times

OMG, how about the 300+ days of fishing... how is she with that??

Rick, i think you covered it. get your canadian passport, then you can go to cuba. i'm thinking next winter. :)

do you need a passport for cuba? i know the DMR you dont. my girlfriend got in to the domincan with her Costo card - it was the only picture id she had with her. LOL

I might get to go to sunny Milwaukee in March for training, close as I will come to a vacation. Goin back to BC for christmas/New Years, gonna bring my fly fishing gear to the coast with me and hit the beaver pond I grew up fishing as long as it isn't frozen.