Fly Fusion Forums

Marlon Jon Boats Info

Howdy Members. Does anyone in the Membership own a Marlon Jon? They were at the Sportman show, ( didnt make it in to see), May consider sizing down from a 16 ft crestliner to a 14 ft Marlon. They have a very wide floor and beam. Still lve lots of deck space and hopefully plane faster. Would appreciate any opinions out there. Thx P

$_35.JPG

I owned a crestliner1448 md frt,leaky rivets didn't have me keeping it long.Welded is the way to go.imo.They weigh more,cost more & generally have a greater alum.thickness.Your question on Marlon boats might be better answered by .Posting the Q on FLYBC.CA Forum.Guys started asking about them 2-3 yrs ago.

Looks a lot like a company that was around a while back building boats over by Blackfoot called Tsunami Boats ... could be the same .... remember they had really high gunnels better suited to lakes.... whatever you do make sure you go with welded vs riveted.... unless of course you are only rowing it without a motor.... so it won't take a pounding

Howdy Members. Does anyone in the Membership own a Marlon Jon? They were at the Sportman show, ( didnt make it in to see), May consider sizing down from a 16 ft crestliner to a 14 ft Marlon. They have a very wide floor and beam. Still lve lots of deck space and hopefully plane faster. Would appreciate any opinions out there. Thx P

$_35.JPG

fishingliving, A buddy of mine has the 10' Marlon. IMO a complete waste of money! They are built from very light gauge aluminum and can't stand up to anything even approaching abuse. Want to beach it on a gravelly beach, don't even think about it. I understand the 14' is heavier gauge, but their product falls far short of others on the market. Yes they are wide, so is a Spratley (not as wide, but as wide as you need). Spratleys are totally welded boats, and sell for about $400 less than the Marlon. Look at the 12" Sprately-by far a better boat.

Or check out the Yamaha G3 1448 Jon.

Spratleys are great. It took A big dog and 3 guys in it leaning to one side in order to sink a corner. You can stand anywhere including the seats and the covered bow and cast with complete confidence.

One downside is the welds on the handle at the bow are cracking from trailering it there.