Fly Fusion Forums

Advice Sought: Gopro For Fly Fishing

Sage

Excited to try my new GoPro when chasing trout this 2017 season, however looking for advice from current GoPro users.

In your experience, what GoPro accessories have helped you capture the best footage?

• Head strap with ballcap quick clip
  • Chest strap
  • The extendable pole

Your insights appreciated!

Used GoPros extensively for skiing and the pole mounts are fun to play around with but in my experience the chest mount is the way to go if you can get the angle right. Could be more convenient to switch the camera on as well if you want to get some footage after setting the hook.

• Like 1

I think the brim of a hat may be the best way to go. The chest strap isn't that comfy and doesn't follow where you're actually looking. To get a shot you feel like a carebear doing the carebear stare. Not to mention all the muffled/ruffled clothing sounds.

• Like 1

I like the chest view point however i like things about the head strap also but find i use the chest most. I have the equipment for the poles but i never use them. If you have a boat i find it nice to have a few mounts placed throughout the boat and some sticks that fit into rod holders on the boat. I never find the need for a remote. Multiple batteries is nice and lots of memory. Took me a whole season of messing around to figure the thing out however; I'm not the sharpest tack around.....

• Like 1