Fly Fusion Forums

Patagonia Customer Service..

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

Awesome, thats all i had to say..

Sent a 13, yes a 13 (almost 14) year old jacket, that was probably worth NOTHING in for repairs..They sent me a card in the mail saying 'sorry, we can't repair this, or replace it as all of our new ones are not in stock..but heres 250 bucks on a gift card'. So i called them today, ordered a brand new Deep Wading JKT and a shirt, they told me they wont be charging me for shipping (and air shipping, when i shipped it to them GROUND!) and that because i didnt get my thing repaired, it will be put ias a warranty return so i shouldn't be paying any duty or anything at the border

Now thats a company i'm going to be spending a lot, LOT more money for

Wow that's impressive. I have a similiar coat that got chewed by a mouse this year.That damn mouse chewed right thru my bag and put a hole in my coat the size of a loonie. Maybe I should contact them also. Thanks for sharing

Guito

Guest bigbadbrent

I didn't even contact them, i just mailed it down with a note (like their site said)

I've heard of shirts that are 5+ years old with ripped button holes, that they send back brand new ones....

Give them a call on their 1800 number, incredible how nice they are ( i hadnt ordered the shirt, but i realised they had left me some money over on the card and called them back a few hours later and asked them to throw it on, and they did it instantly without a problem

I didn't even contact them, i just mailed it down with a note (like their site said)

I've heard of shirts that are 5+ years old with ripped button holes, that they send back brand new ones....

Give them a call on their 1800 number, incredible how nice they are ( i hadnt ordered the shirt, but i realised they had left me some money over on the card and called them back a few hours later and asked them to throw it on, and they did it instantly without a problem

I will give them a call tomorrow. Now thats customer service at it finest.

Thanks again,

Guito

Guest bigbadbrent
Another example of "you get what you pay for".

That's great Brent....certainly sways the decision on who to buy from in this market.

They don't call it Pata-Gucci for nothing..

why is it positive reports on customer service are OK but everytime a guy posts a negative opinion of a local guide or shop it is kiboshed. Personally would like to see both the good and the bad or neither. not trying to cause a stink but i would prefer to see the negative performance evaluations as these are the ones to likely save the average guy more money. seem to recall a stance by the FFC mods that negative reports on guides,shops ,etc werent going to be allowed. has this agenda changed or is it just going to be positive evaluations only. just curious

LF,

I love Patagooch, too. But, the waders have not been the same since the SST+. Sent my old beat-to-s&*t ones in a couple years ago and they have warranteed 2 subsequent pairs that leaked really quickly. I appreciate their customer service but I think it's time to switch to Simms.

why is it positive reports on customer service are OK but everytime a guy posts a negative opinion of a local guide or shop it is kiboshed. Personally would like to see both the good and the bad or neither. not trying to cause a stink but i would prefer to see the negative performance evaluations as these are the ones to likely save the average guy more money. seem to recall a stance by the FFC mods that negative reports on guides,shops ,etc werent going to be allowed. has this agenda changed or is it just going to be positive evaluations only. just curious

I think you don't see negative reports allowed because it is often presented in a slanderous or very immature way. If someone would post "negative" comments in a mature way, it might be allowed.

Plus, so called bad customer service is often subjective, where as good service is obvious, as in Brent's case. I usually chock up bad service threads to a lack of respect on the customers part, or they're pullin the three year old card of "I want something, and anything but constitutes bad service".

Ok. Here's a negative report in a mature way. I also love patagonia and am sometimes embarrassed at being decked out in Patagooch head to toe (actually I don't have any of the socks or boots so head to ankle) at work and play.

I'm looking for others' reports on the Watermaster II waders. Mine leak and they don't have too many trips on them. When I initially sent back my SST+'s I got a pair of the first Watermasters. They started leaking so I sent them back and the model had already been replaced by the Watermaster II's.

I am starting to shy away from the brand when it comes to waders. I love the pockets and suspender system, built in gravel guards, etc but mine are leaking in the seams. Anyone else have anything to say about their's? I'm willing to give them another shot but at the same time...I think I've gotten my moneys worth out of the original purchase and don't feel bad about trying something new. I know Simms are bombproof as well so might head there.

ps Brent, they might help you out with your shrinkage problem. Most of their stuff is guaranteed to shrink just a couple percent.

I think you don't see negative reports allowed because it is often presented in a slanderous or very immature way. If someone would post "negative" comments in a mature way, it might be allowed.

Plus, so called bad customer service is often subjective, where as good service is obvious, as in Brent's case. I usually chock up bad service threads to a lack of respect on the customers part, or they're pullin the three year old card of "I want something, and anything but constitutes bad service".

qaulity of customer service good and bad will always be subjective and individual. I still would like to know when someone feels they have recieved poor service from a guide, local shop or manacturer. I can then make up my own mind as to whether it is justified or just sour grapes. Again ,dont want to stir the pot but I remember some negative ( well thought out) reports on guides and shops being shut down and I wanted to know if that stance had changed. Posts (good and bad) about FFing products and services makeup the majority of really useful info on this site for myself. I still like to read about fishin stories and general fishing misc but these evaluation type posts help me( and others Im sure) save money and make wise choices when it comes to purchasing high end gear. Appreciate the praise given Patagonia ( and will look at there products as a result) but i would also like to see all the negaative opinions on gear,guides,etc as well

Well yak, we have already explained our board policies and they have not changed. So, enjoy what this board offers and you can always do a search on the web for further info on any product/service that interests you.

I have used Patagonia products for the past couple of decades and will continue to do so in the future.

Well yak, we have already explained our board policies and they have not changed. So, enjoy what this board offers and you can always do a search on the web for further info on any product/service that interests you.

I have used Patagonia products for the past couple of decades and will continue to do so in the future.

is there somewhere on the site these policies are written out or is it simply at the discretion of the mods when and where they are applied. i have tried to find a fair evaluation of the local guiding services on the web and this seems to be the only forum where there are actual local user opinions as opposed to the guides sites themselves . The only guide i have ever used in alberta is bowcrow and unfortunately he is no longer in business .this was money well spent but from what I remember from other threads, not every experience with local guides has been as good. therefore if i wanted to find out the good and the bad about local guides where should i look ( I am looking to book this service for some visitors next year on some of the other alberta rivers).just seems like this should be the likely and best place to find this info. if all FFC offers is good evaluations/happy endings and fishing stories then so be it. just thought it could be more when it comes to this type of info. thanks for your response TM

This board's "Code of conduct" is pinned at the top of the page here in "General Chat", for those interested.

As for referals for a good guiding service, simply post the question asking for recommendations for a guiding service for the location/rivers/lakes that you are interested in. Then, members can give you their nod of approval of who they liked working with from their personal experiences. Good Luck!

what happens if I pose this question and someone posts that guide abc was excellent but 2 guys post that the same guide was poor. Will the negative comments get edited ,thus leading me to believe that there were no bad experiences with this guide?. this results in me booking someone who may or may not meet my needs/expectations. again I think you need the good and the bad to make and educated choice. I will pose this question as you suggested and hope that all opinions are given their merit and space on this board.

Guest Rocknbugs

I could not disagree with more man. No disrespect but to blame the customer for bad service is absurd, I agree with the fact that there are some unreasonable customers out there but you still have to smile, say thank you, take there money and then call him/her ***hole when they walk out the door. Being a company owner myself customer service is a huge deal for me, its how I decide were I will spend my money. I believe that good service is a thing of the past and it is definately not the customers fault, I think it is because there is so much money and so many people spending it in Alberta that companies just dont care anymore just give me your money and get out, Im to busy to care!!!!

Brent I love your Patagonia story man, they obviously know how to keep people coming back for more. I have never worn any Patagonia stuff but might start after reading your post. That is the kind of service that goes above and beyond, Im sure you had been happy with just the repair job eh!!!

what happens if I pose this question and someone posts that guide abc was excellent but 2 guys post that the same guide was poor. Will the negative comments get edited ,thus leading me to believe that there were no bad experiences with this guide?. this results in me booking someone who may or may not meet my needs/expectations. again I think you need the good and the bad to make and educated choice. I will pose this question as you suggested and hope that all opinions are given their merit and space on this board.

If someone has had a bad experience with a service that you are asking about, then they can send you a pm. It's really simple. We are not really up for hashing out the reasons why this is the board policy, yet once again, so please respect our rules and enjoy the site. Without further rebuttal please, lets move on, back to the original topic.