Fly Fusion Forums

Salmon Farms And The Government

Makes a person sick to know the government hides the fact that a deadly virus is present that threatens every salmon species so that salmon trade with the US and China can stay open.

Importing infected Atlantic salmon eggs to grow fish on the west coast...never was a good idea for so many reasons.

Then they attack the reporting scientists who exposed the truth.

Greed is so ugly

• Like 2

I know the above video was pretty long but I was totally floored by what I saw. Greed is ugly and ugly is greed.

What floors me is the fact that the scientist that raised the issues was gagged and threatened by those who are in bed with the fish farmers, Canada Food Inspection Agency.

If you have time, watch it!!

When the scientists are finding diseased fish at our local supermarkets, its time to raise an eyebrow and ask why?

For those of you that eat sushi, I'll guarantee that you will ask where they get their salmon after watching this!

FHD

• Like 1

If there was ever a shadow of doubt before watching this... Unfortunately, my ignorance led us to buy a lot of Atlantic salmon in the past, but it has been several years since it has touched our table. Many consumers haven't taken the time to watch a documentary of this length, or simply don't care one way or the other. Hopefully the proverbial tides are shifting on this, albeit too slowly.

• Like 1

I love salmon when I eat out and have been asking the servers for years if they are serving 'real' salmon or 'fake' salmon and

always get confused looks from them. Then when they ask I like to educate them on the facts around farmed salmon in hopes

that they pass it on to the restaurant management to get it removed from the menu.

The only real way to get rid of these farms is to spread the word and stop buying that crap!

• Like 4

More interesting information can be found in this blog

Hello

I have been on the Sea Shepherd RV Martin Sheen for 39 days and I have seen a lot! The filth and disease in the farms, wild herring feeding on farm salmon feed and the Musgamagw Dzawada'enuxw and sister nations uprising to protect their territory from this.

They have been saying "NO" to this industry for almost 30 years and have suffered the consequences of a government that appears deaf, dumb and blind to the negative consequences of government's tight relationship with this industry.

What exactly IS Canada's relationship with the salmon farmers from Norway?

Take a look in a salmon farm and at the most recent Musgamagw Dzawada'enuxw ceremony on a salmon in their territory.

http://alexandramorton.typepad.com/alexandra_morton/2016/08/gotcha-2.html

Please check this blog for updates over the next week as we move south along eastern Vancouver Island, Victoria and Vancouver.

Alexandra Morton

You received this message as a subscriber on the list:

wildsalmonpeople@npogroups.org

To be removed from the list, send any message to:

wildsalmonpeople-unsubscribe@npogroups.org

For all list information and functions, see:

http://npogroups.org/lists/info/wildsalmonpeople

• Like 1

No problem, I have been following this battle for a few years now. It still amazes me that the majority of people do not realize how bad farmed fish is and continue to buy it because it's cheap, not to mention that it is helping to collapse the fishery!

• Like 3

I will not eat farmed salmon EVER

I too have been following this for years.

I would like to know how many farms are on the west coast ?

5, 10 a hundred ?

It's un effin believable that with all the damage that the farms are doing that they aren't shut down!

Hey you want a farm... Raise your frankenfish not in the ocean but in big pools in some warehouse & there you go. If it doesn't work for you tough *hit get a different job.

• Like 1

If anyone is ever looking for an eye opening read on the subject, bottomfeeder (Taras grescoe) is a great book. Beyond salmon farming, it explores bottom dredging, shrimp farming, shark finning, and the bluefin fishery. Really changes your perspective for the better when buying fish.

• Like 3

I know someone who is part of a huge study looking at the Coho return on the Nitinat river on the west side of Vacouver Is. Biggest coho hatchery in BC I believe. They will be looking for all these viruses in the 4 year old fish that are returning this year. It will be interesting to hear what is discovered.