Fly Fusion Forums

Watch A Couple Of These Vids..

I don't know about these guys man... it almost seems like they're not pinching the barbs to me. Why the h*ll would you have to reef a hook out of a fishes mouth with pliers if it was barbless?!

And i'm really not liking how they let the trout flop around on the banks!! All the same guys.. and all on the Bow.

Click here if the movie does not play.

Although in this one.. buddy does say "barbless" towards the end. Maybe it's just because it's 2 treble hooks on the rapalas..

Are videos enough for to report someone to RAP if there was an infraction?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see they got away from the trailer park and took a break from working on the 78 Trans Am.

You have to admire their landing skills, along with their fish handling skills.

It also takes a lot of skill and knowledge to pick the correct lures off of the Walmart rack, so you have to respect that too.

Lastly, I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the finished movie. It looks like it should be pretty good.

Very professional. They must PVR every "Bass Masters" and "Babe Winkleman" in order to study their craft.

I guess we know where the "Ugly" fish got their markings.....

What kinda gets me is the amount of time those fish are out of the water, pretty much in everyone they hold it there for like a min then you hear them "yeah hold on I'll get a pic of that fish" so you have to figure that some of those fish have been out of the water like 2min

These video's have been raising feathers in the flyfishing community for some time now. I would like to see them make a video on proper fish landing and handling technique (which they might need to learn first), so that they can make a more positive contribution to their angling community with their videos.

I'm sure these guys mean well and are just enjoying their fishing experience like the rest of us.

You can also easily see that they are using two 3 pronged hooks on that first video which is illegal. These videos are a poor representation of Calgary area fishing and fishermen. I would be surprised if the guy holding the camera was an Alberta resident.

Do a search for bow river blog ugghhhh...there is a picture of like every damn fish they have caught on there. Every single one with centered pupils. Sad thing is, I've met these guys on numerous occasions....my tounge nearly bleeds everytime...I will even buy you guys a NET!

You can also easily see that they are using two 3 pronged hooks on that first video which is illegal

Actually, you can have three hooks per line. A treble counts as one hook because it is a common shaft. Check it out in the regs.

Heres one you missed that they posted after Feb 25th, 2007.

I had to laugh at the commentary as they discuss how they use barbless hooks. The one guy talks about how they use treble hooks since Alberta's laws hasn't outlawed them yet. I think these guys would use dynamite if Alberta didn't outlaw it :blink: . A real class act!

Heres the video:

Bow river rainbow feb 25 2007

Guest bigbadbrent

Irritates me more on there site, about how excited they are to see the smaller streams......keep these boys away from the bull trout, for the sake of the fish, not our sake

I hope for their sake that's not a trout on the ground next to this guy with its belly slung open....

http://www.mycyberimages.com/gallery/index.php?id=330

No kidding! Almost looks like a pike to me though..

About THAT picture... yeh, let's hold this sucker up with a rapala by his FRICKIN GILLS!! Cause that's good for him.

I seriously hate these guys.

O MY GOD....did u guys actually look at all those pictures? they have caught some huge trout but anyways....they caught this f'n huge rainbow, probably the most healthy looking and largest ive seen caught on the bow, an amazing fish. But suprise suprise the first thing you notice in the picture is the blood coming out of the fishes gills and running down the guys hand, out of the fishes mouth, along the fins, as hes sittin there grinning and holding it up for a picture. We seriously do need to do somethin about the regs on the bow and especially these f'ers.....holy shhh that is depressing

http://www.mycyberimages.com/gallery/index.php?id=253