Fly Fusion Forums

Looking For A Pfleuger Trion 5/6 Reel.....

If you don't mind a drive, they had some 5/6 Trion that were new old stock at the Sportsman's Den in Red Deer about six months ago. Also, check out Canadian Tire's website - there was one at the Cochrane store about a year ago. Also, at one time Wholesale had a reel called the Streamside Harmony or something like that - it was the same basic reel but the cutouts on cage were slightly different. The spools would interchange, though.

I know I saw them at Fly's Etc in High River a few yrs back. Knowing Udo somewhat he may had some squirreled away somewhere in that shitstorm of a store. Now that they have relocated to new more spread out digs maybe they can be found. Call 'em (403) 601-6120 They're on the book of face as well. Friendly people and I've found some damn good deals in that store.

• Like 1

I second Taco's advice on the High River shop. I had seen one in there but that was a summer or two ago. Secondly - I'm not sure if it's just common knowledge so just not mentioned here - but I was told by the (one) helpful guy in Wholesale sports a couple of summers ago that Pfleuger does not make an alternate spool/cassette to that reel. I don't know if that would bother your buddy but just throwing it out so he isn't disappointed if he didn't know.

The last time I was in the Whole sale sports cleanse shop in Pincher Creek, they had them at 40% off.

Yes, I recall seeing some Pfleuger stuff in there a couple of weeks ago as well. On another note, pretty disappointed so far with their selection of fly reels/spools. There is stuff that has been sitting in the Lethbridge store for 5+ years at full retail prices, that I would love to see hit the 40% off cabinet in Pincher.