Fly Fusion Forums

Who Locked The "flava" Thread I Had Some To Contribute.

Guest Rocknbugs

Guest Rocknbugs
I'm am Fishead fan. Anyone that doesn't think there is a tonne of ego here, likely just can't see past their ego. There is also a pile of ignorance, and some intense (scary) people that need a little time away from the fishies. But then again, nobody on here likes me cause I don't have the same opinons as everyone else.

Spey, boat, spin, fly - whatever makes you happy.

Your just like the other 980 of us, there really is only 15/30 people on this site that matter, talk to and fish with each other and I am definitely not one of them. I have been here posting topics, pics, asking questions, FISHING GET TOGETHERS, and responding to threads and I only recieve a response maybe 1/8 of 1% of the time, on the other hand someone could post "the sky is blue" and a day later there are 9 pages worth of responses from that 15 to 30 people. I wish this site was more about just fishing I also wish it was not so one sided and clicky BUT IT IS. Anyways I must be a sucker for punishment because Im still here daily trying.........WHAT A LOSER!!!!

no losers on this forum. Its just like any other social setting it takes a while for people to feel each other out and feel comfortable communicating...... Just like meeting someone in any situation rarely are you best friends after 5 minutes. The fishing get togethers section is great but posts frequently go unanswered and of the ones that do get answered likely a small portion actually pan out....... I was up to about 400 posts before I even met anyone off the old FFA site.....

Most of the threads that go on for pages and pages are usually the ones that most quickly digress from the original topic. And I think that is more due to people feeling comfortable with the topic starter and figuring its ok jokin around and poaching the thread a bit a brief skim of many of these threads will show 90 humour and 10% on topic. Conversely a lot of threads are unanswered if a search would produce a existing thread on the topic......

Personally I don't care if the site has topics that are not fishing related If I don't want to read or partake in a thread I just don't thats one of the great things about this site.......

Anyways as for the flava thread it is likely better off locked as like many past threads that have gone sour like that never recover and usually digress even more..... reminds me of a book actually.

usually things stay pretty friendly and light which is good it should not be too serious otherwise we get jetboat and spey fishing threads where everyone gets hostile and occaisionally even violent...... whats the point we are not policy makers or world changers on here. It might as well just be friendly conversation cause when it comes down to it..... None of our opinions mean a damn thing.

Your just like the other 980 of us, there really is only 15/30 people on this site that matter, talk to and fish with each other and I am definitely not one of them. I have been here posting topics, pics, asking questions, FISHING GET TOGETHERS, and responding to threads and I only recieve a response maybe 1/8 of 1% of the time, on the other hand someone could post "the sky is blue" and a day later there are 9 pages worth of responses from that 15 to 30 people. I wish this site was more about just fishing I also wish it was not so one sided and clicky BUT IT IS. Anyways I must be a sucker for punishment because Im still here daily trying.........WHAT A LOSER!!!!

hey dude sorry if i offended ya...ask any of my friends..i think u have fished with rick..im hectic..wish i could fish with all of you..trying freakin hard and meeting tons of memebrs daily and easily shook hands with 100 or more of ya since ffc started 3 years back.....hard too meet everyones demands tho...ask lk and dave...or anyone else.....i ditched em half dozen tiems this year too meet a group from ffc...and on teh otehr hand i like too fish by meself and with a few of my close friends who are or ant mods and big posters on this site....keep up teh good work..u have bin out tons meng....i have bin reading....aint that what its about.....the fishing and time on teh water? no who has more friends or who fishes with who...

this we need our own lil girl challenge...my lil sis katie vs. lil rocknbugs?...

Honestly the best way to get better is to fish as much as possible, read as much as possible, and then read some more. Alot of people on this website are amazing fishermen, some post to things every day, some don't. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how posts you have its about how good of a fishermen you are.

People like max and greg contribute alot to calgary's fly fishing comunity and from what i understand there both pretty great anglers. I also know that kristopher is also a helluva angler. There are definatly more then 15 or 30 members that matter,justthere are 15 or 30 memembers who contribute alot to this form and try and help others. Talk to people at a fly shop you get to know a regular there and he might lead you to someone that would be happy to fish with you. For the most part, if im not traveling to meet up with people on a river im fishing by myself, its always great to have fishing buddies ut honestly fishing buy yourself isn't so bad, you get to fine tune your own quirks and experiment alot and the internet is a great source to learn new techniques. Then put them to practice on the water.

I guess what im trying to say is that there are plenty of people who don't contribute often on this site that are great anglers, and plenty of people who do contribute who are also very seasoned. but it doesn't matter what is said here at the end of the day it comes down to well you fish, and thats were real respect is from.

Guest Rocknbugs
hey dude sorry if i offended ya...ask any of my friends..i think u have fished with rick..im hectic..wish i could fish with all of you..trying freakin hard and meeting tons of memebrs daily and easily shook hands with 100 or more of ya since ffc started 3 years back.....hard too meet everyones demands tho...ask lk and dave...or anyone else.....i ditched em half dozen tiems this year too meet a group from ffc...and on teh otehr hand i like too fish by meself and with a few of my close friends who are or ant mods and big posters on this site....keep up teh good work..u have bin out tons meng....i have bin reading....aint that what its about.....the fishing and time on teh water? no who has more friends or who fishes with who...

this we need our own lil girl challenge...my lil sis katie vs. lil rocknbugs?...

Are you calling me a little girl man?

I don't think its that clicky. Its what you make of it. I think its a pretty good forum where most people get along. People like fishead are of a different personality. Not everyone can get along all of the time. I think we need people here of all personalities otherwise it gets boring.

I have been here posting topics, pics, asking questions, FISHING GET TOGETHERS, and responding to threads and I only recieve a response maybe 1/8 of 1% of the time I wish this site was more about just fishing I also wish it was not so one sided and clicky BUT IT IS. Anyways I must be a sucker for punishment because Im still here daily trying.........WHAT A HOSER!!!!

I'll go fishin with ya any time meng. I post fishin get togethers all the time as well and hardly get any responces, so i slap on the Ipod and head out myself. My problem is most of my fishin is spur of the moment after work if i'm dome early so i don't even get to the computer. Shoot me your # via pm and we can hook up.

and i edited that last line for ya in your quote. Take off eh B)

Wow... ya try and invite him fishing and I think he mistook ya.... and got all offended.. simmer down man... simmer down... :P

Hawg, i used your line about the "funbuster" as my signiture. That freakin killed me(and i feel your pain brotha) Was thinking you should have "Funstoppah"

00022247-309104_edited.jpg

Mr Hawgstoppah & Mrs Funstoppah

Guest Rocknbugs
Wow... ya try and invite him fishing and I think he mistook ya.... and got all offended.. simmer down man... simmer down... :P

The last line of Max's response to me was "we need to have a little girl challenge, my lil sister vs. lil rocknbugs" why would I think he was not talking to me. Im cool man that really looked and sounded like a shot to me, how would I know he was talking about my avatar without saying thats what he meant.

I think I'm gettin' old......February seems to come earlier and earlier every year and now apparently its here before Xmas.... think I better go out and get me some comfortable pants with drawstrings that Schaupmeyer's always talkin' about. :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Guest Rocknbugs
holy frick.....hawgstopps ur right dude...shoulda went too more school and less river i suppose...so rocknbugs...not lil rocknbugs...do u have a little rocknbugs in your household? no i aint calling you out...

Ive got 3.

Wow....my surgery was a timely thing then :lol:

Now the big question....since SJW lives in Cranston, who's he gonna get pregnant?

I have a bad feeling there could be a few kicking. Last week i was out that way and four kids on bikes ripped past me and they all had blue sweeters on and one was was crying about someone Facebooking his Mom :blink:

I have a bad feeling there could be a few kicking. Last week i was out that way and four kids on bikes ripped past me and they all had blue sweeters on and one was was crying about someone Facebooking his Mom :blink:

Did they kinda look like Bono? :P

Hey Rock,

This is how it works! Starts with one topic, has a misunderstanding, morphs to something COMPLETELY different (nice touch on the Bono reference Rev.) and gets to two pages, showing no signs of stopping.

I guess to appease some, you have to add a fishing component. Here goes.

I just learned there are pike in the Seine. Wish I had brought my fly rod and some of MTB's streamers.

By the way, to both Max and Rock. You are both good guys. Don't hate, appreciate.

Hilarious about the blue sweaters and bono. You guys crack me up.

Rocks, I'd love to get out with you some time. Maybe you can show me how to nail midging fish. ;) The problem is, I'm usually a spur of the moment angler and a lot of time have to go out by myself. It hard to make arrangements most of the times.