Fly Fusion Forums

Non-competition Ffc Campout

Are we pretty much leaning towards this being NOT on the bow then? would u guys prefer the SW corner with access to livingstone, oldman, crow, castle area?

We could always random camp provided we spend the time to clean it up too. and do it properly. I kind of agree on the Non weekend if were going to be anywhere in cutthroat country. Weekends down there are a gong show.

Keep the idea flowing. Sounds like at least there's a lot of interest, and I'd be glad to do some arranging on this.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

depends on where you go Hawg, the ball diamonds at the far end of the carbondalehall road on the gardner are a zoo but tons of room and might not be too bad at the begining of the season, and down towards the adanack can be busy and same with castle campground but the lynx is usually quiet. i've fished days on the lynx and not seen a soul. the castle can be a zoo.

why dont we help out clive and pick some weeds on a non-long weekend, everyone is close to the oldman and crow but i would probably head into the carbondale area. worth the drive. right dustin

I'm in. I'd vote for the Bow. Carsland would be great. Close to home. They have a group site that is across the highway from the main campground so we would be alone i think. Not usually alot of fisherpeople down there usually. Link to site and campground is on the other thread.

I would definately lean to be off the bow (sorry) by the summer I like getting as far from the city as possible. The random camp idea is good...... Midweek would be the bomb I say......Also I know its a long drive but can anybody say cough! cough! north cough. Ram cough cough......

Then again south would be cool with me as well....... I don't care about the drive.

haha it sounds like there is goin to be a whole herd of us. Probably need to book a whole campground! We need to make sure there are a bunch of rivers around so we can spread out. Otherwise there will be 50 people in one run haha

Anyway sounds like good fun no matter what!

helluva idear... i'll go if someone else supplies the rum ;)

You didn't get a chance to see our liquor cabinet in the trailer last year. Many selections o' rum for you Taco. And plenty of free Kokanee. But by then it should be skunky....so we'll just stick to rum mmmmkay?

Hey Clive/Taco... you guys know any good group campisng spot down south we could book then? Looks like people wanna get away from the Bow. Maybe something around Hiawatha would be good (there's a dozen rivers and some lakes within half an hour)..

Though, if we fish the Crow... I'll probably have 45 guys following me in the bushes trying not to trip on sticks wearing ninja camo.... :P:P

Hey Clive/Taco... you guys know any good group campisng spot down south we could book then? Looks like people wanna get away from the Bow. Maybe something around Hiawatha would be good (there's a dozen rivers and some lakes within half an hour)..

Though, if we fish the Crow... I'll probably have 45 guys following me in the bushes trying not to trip on sticks wearing ninja camo.... :P:P

Hi Hawgstoppah

This sounds like a great idea, I will definatley be in for this. You might want to concider renting the Syncline recreation group camp. They have enough room for about 20+ spots and they have an inclosed kitchen area where people can cook, hang out,or whatever. I believe the cost is about $250 for the weekend. If we get enough people that will make it cheap.

Thanks Guito

You didn't get a chance to see our liquor cabinet in the trailer last year. Many selections o' rum for you Taco. And plenty of free Kokanee. But by then it should be skunky....so we'll just stick to rum mmmmkay?

I didn't know you two were boozers, maybe I oughta hang around your trailer more come summertime. And as far as skunky... tell Mike that if I can handle that stale Corona we get up here in The Great Barren North I oughta be able to handle anything warm and skunky he hands out.:P

Did you know I coulda been a helluva drunk 'cept I'm cheaper than a Schaupmeyer cigar and my moochin' skillz were sadly lacking :rolleyes:

Clive's the #3/Pass expert but depending on the size of the group there's Syncline group camp (sp?) on the Westcastle rd which would allow people to scatter out a bit more than the group camp on the upper OMR. I'd guess it would be very dependant on how many people showed up, under a dozen...random camp somewheres, dozen to 2... one of the group camps, larger.... one the the campgrounds along #3.

I noted this above ... Nice group site below the OM dam. The main c/g tends to be underused as well so should be quiet in the regular area. You can fish right there or 30 minutes to the Crow, 45+ to Castle, 1 hour+ to the Gap. The fishing below the dam comes and goes. Was pretty decent in spring. This is certainly not the most prime, pristine "destination" group site, however, it is probably the quietest on a weekend. And only 15 minutes to Pincher for more beer.

I went to Cottonwood on the (what?) August long and it was perhaps 20 percent occupied. The fishing is not the best right there (comes and goes), but it is rather central to a lot of fishing.

Syncline would be nice for sure.

"cheaper than a Schaupmeyer cigar " I am shattered. Alas, this true tho.

Count me in if:

A.) Its during the week and I can get the time off (the more lead time, the better)

B.) Its not on the Bow (Been there. Done that. Love it but....)

C.) Its a group campsite (better to get to know each other)

D.) I get to fish with and/or watch Hawgstoppa at least once (Ninja, if I have to). ;)

E.) I get to drink copious amounts with Lynn and Taco.

Who is interested in a non competitive FFC campout? In July, some weekend? If we get enough interest now, let's book something. Only competitions will be who can consume the most bevvy's around a big campfire. Don't some of you guys play guitar? that'd be cool for around the fire. We could do some fly tying as well. Anyone got portable tying gear? I do...

Anyways, who is interested?

july?...i get married on the 16th so i might be out...