Fly Fusion Forums

Douglasdale Poacher(S)

I saw a couple of guys just north of the Fish Creek bridge 2 weeks ago, and one of them was throwing a soft plastic minnow swim bait. Couldn't tell if it was salted or scented, but is that what you're referring to as minnow tube?

Minnow Tub as in tub of baitfish.

• 3 weeks later...

Was down at the Douglasdale pedestrian bridge this morning. Noticed two guys using definite bait rigs- float, 4 hook set-up and heavy pencil weight at the bottom, but no bait. One came up and started talking to me, so I reminded him that regs state no bait and release anything longer than 35 cm. Anyone know the max # hooks you can use- I told him 2, but not sure if that is correct.

• Like 1

Was down at the Douglasdale pedestrian bridge this morning. Noticed two guys using definite bait rigs- float, 4 hook set-up and heavy pencil weight at the bottom, but no bait. One came up and started talking to me, so I reminded him that regs state no bait and release anything longer than 35 cm. Anyone know the max # hooks you can use- I told him 2, but not sure if that is correct.

Use a line in angling equipped with more than three hooks (e.g., three hooks, or three single-hook lures, or one three-hook lure).

Use a lure in angling with more than three hooks as part of it.

Use a hook with more than three points on a common shaft.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/general-regs.html

Saw the group above the sue Higgins bridge on Saturday keep a couple fish as we floated by. Called the CO, who told me he is familiar with them and that they do keep fish (mostly whitefish) but he hadn't ever witnessed them with oversized trout or over their limit in terms of numbers. So that was reassuring. Would like to see all bow River trout released but hey, that is a different thread. This group was obeying the regs. I didn't get a call back, and he said he was gonna go check just to be sure, so I'm assuming all was good.

Saw the group above the sue Higgins bridge on Saturday keep a couple fish as we floated by. Called the CO, who told me he is familiar with them and that they do keep fish (mostly whitefish) but he hadn't ever witnessed them with oversized trout or over their limit in terms of numbers. So that was reassuring. Would like to see all bow River trout released but hey, that is a different thread. This group was obeying the regs. I didn't get a call back, and he said he was gonna go check just to be sure, so I'm assuming all was good.

Saw those guys when both of our boats were floating last weekend keep what looked like a really healthy sized rainbow. It looks like they are bait fishing, but they just have sink rigs with red hooks. Makes me uncomfortable, but I'm almost positive they aren't doing anything wrong.

• Like 1