Fly Fusion Forums

Airflo Elite Trout Line - Bad Experience

Anyone else using AirFLO Elite Trout?

Aweful stuff!! It's going back tomorrow.

Recently purchased, used twice and it has horrible line memory.

I'm surprised as I have some of their Salt Water lines and I'm quite happy with them...

P

Damn, I just loaded one onto my new Douglas. Haven't fished it yet... I find it pretty hit and miss with Airflo lines myself.

I think it was the only 6WT DT line in the shop. I will get out with it and let you know.

This is a common issue with many new PU lines and easy to fix. I would recommend lightly stretching the line to get the coil memory out, Just tie off the end of the line to something solid and put tension on it from the other end, to stretch it out. It may take a few minutes of tension. After stretching, let the full line out in fast current to just hang on the dangle for a few minutes to remove twists. Strip the line back and start casting. PU lines often just need a short break in period to relax. My experience with many dozens of Airflo lines that I have owned has been consistently good in both durability and performance.

http://www.airflofishing.com/airflo-fly-line-care.cfm

Guest bigdirty

I'm with vagabond. Switched to airflo for my sinking and floating streamer lines. Holding up well. Streamer line even casts big foam with ease.

• 2 weeks later...