Fly Fusion Forums

Yellowstone Brook Trout Removal

Likely using Rotenone,a piscicide that only affects fish as far as I know?

It's a shame that our federal and provincial governments weren't more open to using Rotenone,there's a disaster waiting to happen on Miramichi Lk in the headwaters of North Americas's most prolific Atlantic Salmon river.

Some ***hat cottager(most likely?) illegally transplanted smallmouth bass into M Lk 7-8(?)yrs ago.DFO and NBDNR have spent the last 5-6yrs trying to eradicate the bass thru electro fishing and trap nets,all the while hoping to keep them contained to the lake,much to the anguish of local salmon anglers,conservation groups,NGOs etc.....we want the lake KILLED with Rotenone!!

Smallmouth bass are an extremely invasive species in NB and NS,where they have been indiscriminately and illegally introduced into untold hundreds of watersheds,effectively wiping out native brook trout and Atlantic salmon populations wherever they take hold.

If they escape M Lk into the Main SW Miramichi River,it'll be a disaster to river communities.Atlantic Salmon angling generates an estimated $50M annually for the communities along the river.

Those darn fish-transporting birds are at it again. Bringing bass hundreds of kilometers to a lake right where there are cottages. Its truly amazing

LoL....spoken like the Bill Dance wannabe bassholes that are responsible for the mass destruction back east...no ****, I had one ****hole **** tell me that smallmouth found their way into one of my favorite trophy Laker/Brookie headwater lakes via underground caverns and streams,a full 10 miles as the crow flies from the closest known established SMB population!!

I m not sure which I hate more actually,SMB or the bassholes that fish for them and praise them as some sort of incredible game fish?

Personally I leave every one of'em for dead on the riverbank.....I'll leave it open to the imagination which ********* I'm referring to.