Fly Fusion Forums

There Aren't Words Enough To Describe The Hatred...

The risk of showing up en masse is that with this being a first appearance, it may be a very quick hearing with no outcome. The accused might not even be there if they have legal representation (or they might just not show if they are "unconcerned", and then have a warrant issued). I think the waders idea is pretty cool, but you might get a hassle from security (and be sure not to have any foreceps or nippers in your pockets). Haven't been to the Pincher courthouse, but security is tight at Lethbridge.

The risk of showing up en masse is that with this being a first appearance, it may be a very quick hearing with no outcome. The accused might not even be there if they have legal representation (or they might just not show if they are "unconcerned", and then have a warrant issued). I think the waders idea is pretty cool, but you might get a hassle from security (and be sure not to have any foreceps or nippers in your pockets). Haven't been to the Pincher courthouse, but security is tight at Lethbridge.

This is always a risk.. I just think a pile of us respectfully showing up "in uniform" would send a huge message. If we could get enough confirmation ahead of time I could also draft a press release and see if it might get some media attention.

• Like 2

Kudos to you , not enough people report.

I would love to call someone in. In over 20 years Ive never seen a poacher or anyone using bait or anything like that. You see the bait containers all over the place but, have never seen anyone using bait. IM looking for it while Im out there. Imo, jet boats are the only thing I see out there that looks or feels wrong. Still can't believe theyre allowed on our river :(

I would love to call someone in. In over 20 years Ive never seen a poacher or anyone using bait or anything like that. You see the bait containers all over the place but, have never seen anyone using bait. IM looking for it while Im out there. Imo, jet boats are the only thing I see out there that looks or feels wrong. Still can't believe theyre allowed on our river :(

i disagree with the jet boat comment in principal BF but everyone has their own opionion on this. I too do not like those big jet boats flying up the river, but are you also including the tin boats with jet motors? Like a jon boat with a 40/30? Or are you speaking of the big inboard jets? i HATE TO BE INCLUDED WITH THOSE GUYS :argggg: !!! My boat is always used with respect and integrity and is always there to assist anyone in need. As well, it is an awesome way to catch poachers!
Cheers

i disagree with the jet boat comment in principal BF but everyone has their own opionion on this. I too do not like those big jet boats flying up the river, but are you also including the tin boats with jet motors? Like a jon boat with a 40/30? Or are you speaking of the big inboard jets? i HATE TO BE INCLUDED WITH THOSE GUYS :argggg: !!! My boat is always used with respect and integrity and is always there to assist anyone in need. As well, it is an awesome way to catch poachers!
Cheers

Nothing motorized on the river thank you. Im against it, period! My attitude towards it hasn't changed, apparently a lot of others have. IMO, people just can't see past the moment. its a joke to me, I was around when all these people that have jet boats where against them. Jet boats are like skinny jeans, its a trend.

Its okay for anyone to assume theyre being respectful but, from shore or the ridge or anywhere else all boats look the same out there. The site and sound of the boat on the water is where it starts and ends. I dont care what you're acting like in your boat, the boat on the water is the problem, what you do after that doesnt even matter.

Not a fight, its just my pov!!!

IMO, jet boats are no different than the guys that drive through the river in their trucks or jeeps. Just another motorized vehicle in the river. 4x4ing is a lot of fun if you've never done it. Just as fishing from a motorized boat is.

Yeah so anyways, back to the original topic of notjetboats.

This is always a risk.. I just think a pile of us respectfully showing up "in uniform" would send a huge message. If we could get enough confirmation ahead of time I could also draft a press release and see if it might get some media attention.

I had a nice chat with a F&W officer yesterday morning on the banks of the Oldman. He mentioned this incident and I got the impression he was one of the responding officers from the way he talked about it. I told him that guys were thinking of going to the hearing on the 29th and he thought that was a good idea to show that people actually care about this stuff.

• Like 2

Yeah so anyways, back to the original topic of notjetboats.

I had a nice chat with a F&W officer yesterday morning on the banks of the Oldman. He mentioned this incident and I got the impression he was one of the responding officers from the way he talked about it. I told him that guys were thinking of going to the hearing on the 29th and he thought that was a good idea to show that people actually care about this stuff.

I'm going to do a little bit of work on this in the next week or two. I'm hoping we can pull together a bunch of guys and a press release, maybe in conjunction with TUC, and get some real exposure on this one. This is a fantastic way to show that we are paying attention and that we care about this stuff.

• Like 2

Rob,

How do you handle it in the NP? Quick call to your warden pals or do you take care of business yourself?

P

Depends on the atitiude I encounter, most of the time it is a family that just doesn't know one species from another and they appreciate you teaching them a bit about it - on the other hand if I get any guff, or it is obvious disregard, I call Mr. Green Jeans