Fly Fusion Forums

Brents New Toy

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

Coming to a stream near you, in the near future. Ordered, just waiting for some cash to flow my way, then its minnnne

ffr_zaxis.jpg

5 weight, 9' 4 piece

ffr_sagereel.jpg

Sage 2550

sm-sa-sharkskin.jpg

Sharkskin, one of each color

im soooo excited

Coming to a stream near you, in the near future. Ordered, just waiting for some cash to flow my way, then its minnnne

5 weight, 9' 4 piece

Sage 2550

Sharkskin, one of each color

im soooo excited

When I was in University, I could afford beer, and sometimes food. I did get "excited" from time to time, but it wasn't over a fishing rod. Just an observation.

Guest bigbadbrent

bah, find me a fishergirl, or a girl that can not bitch about me going out (yes, i like fishing 2 days in a row..hell, i'll fish a week in a row!!!!!) and i'll be set

I'd also say a rod is nice and quiet,..but sharkskin screeches through the guides...so maybe not :P

Guest bigbadbrent
brent i was seeing this girl during the summer.

she would come sit there and watch, she did it all the time with me.

shes pretty cute il hook up her # lol

nice rig though man.

have you casted the sharkskin?

What its like dating a blow up doll?

And yes, i have casted the sharkskin, thing is ridicilously good..definitly getting one for all my rods

I'm sorry Brent but I've got to call you on this. In a recent post you advised not to buy a reel over $200...sink the money in a rod instead. That Sage 2550 is well over $300. What Gives?? Us newbies listen to what you have to say, ya know ;)

i was just looking at that same rod. sweet let me know how it is

i just traded in my ex-husband for a new rod...now if i could just find a fisherboy or a boy that can not bitch about me going out (yes, i like fishing 2 days in a row..hell, i'll fish a week in a row!!!!!) and i'll be set

;) ur too young

Guest bigbadbrent
I'm sorry Brent but I've got to call you on this. In a recent post you advised not to buy a reel over $200...sink the money in a rod instead. That Sage 2550 is well over $300. What Gives?? Us newbies listen to what you have to say, ya know ;)

Honestly, i still believe in this..if you're purchasing your first or second rod, the money should go into the rod, not the reel (as much, by any means)...This will be my best setup i've ever had, and im also going to be taking it to NZ for a while, might as well get top notch for once haha. It's a balancing act as well, 2550 is nice and light, so will balance nicely on the rod

Guest bigbadbrent

Havent decided yet. Don't have a 3 or 4 in a 4 piece, so it adds a lot of bulk...i got lotsa time to find myself a smaller rod in a 4 piece, so we'll see (chances are i'll be taking 2 5's anyway)