Fly Fusion Forums

Cool Accesories For Your Car

reevesr1

This morning when I was coming back from my Sunday morning coffee trip, I ended up behind a blue car with two fly rods attached to the hood of the car, extending over the roof The rods must have been 50 feet long, each. Or maybe just 12.5 feet or so, with two of the biggest effin fly reels you have ever seen attached to them. Knowing it could only be Toolman, I honked to say hi. No response. So when the road went from 2 lanes to 4, I hit the gas, pulled alongside, honked and waved again. They slowed way down, then pulled over and stopped. Skeered, I think. Anyway, laughing, I pulled over, backed up and had a nice conversation with Toolman and Bhurt who were heading out of the city to look for fish. I'm sure they lied to me about where they were going. ;)

Anyway, the heck with logos, we should all get those plastic things for the hoods of your cars and leave our flyrods hanging out for all to see. Can't wait to get mine!! I drive a Silver Saturn. Honk and I'll pull over!

Hey Rick, nice talking to you. The rod racks are great for hitting multiple locations during a day of fishing, without needing to break the rods down and re-assemble again. I also can line/pre-rig the rods from the comfort of home and am ready to start fishing when I arrive at the river.

As for the notion that it will damage the rods, I don't see, nor have I experienced, any problems in the 50 times I have used them so far.

http://www.vac-rac.com/products.html

Guest bigbadbrent

till you hit a small bird, child, large insect..i think you'll be fine..

I wouldnt want them for a gravel road, driving behind someone..actually, even in alberta you're risking shattering a rod if someone chucks a rock at you (if it can crack a windshield, it could shatter graphite)

LOL...Max and Brownstone field tested them for me...140km with a 70k cross wind.

But seriously, I know what you mean Brent...

Take today for example, I hit 4 LARGE birds, one small baby in a stroller,

and a large Stonefly that bounced off one of the 12 wt. reels and chipped the windshield... :blink:

Hey Rick, nice talking to you. The rod racks are great for hitting multiple locations during a day of fishing, without needing to break the rods down and re-assemble again. I also can line/pre-rig the rods from the comfort of home and am ready to start fishing when I arrive at the river.

As for the notion that it will damage the rods, I don't see, nor have I experienced, any problems in the 50 times I have used them so far.

http://www.vac-rac.com/products.html

Hey Greg,

Drove around Texas for YEARS with a couple of rods sticking out of my passenger side rear mirror. Never had a problem. Get to the spot, grab the rod, fish. I like it!