Fly Fusion Forums

Ms Fundraiser 2015

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post on the main board to let everyone know I'll be running an MS auction series again this year. I plan to start around May 1.

So far, I have the following items:

1. A Red Deer River float trip with Sanky

2. A Bow River float trip with troutlover

3. A guided bow river float trip with Trevor Hanson from Hansons Outfitters

4. A Fly Fishing Boot Camp, complete with fly rod and reel, also from Hanson's.

5. A trip into the BC backcountry with yours truly in mid August

6. Beef Jerky from Sage

If anyone else has anything to contribute, please let me know. If you'd like to make a donation directly to me, have at it! Through the help of this board, I've raised well upwards of 10K for various charity rides I've done. MS is a personal one for me as my sister has it (and has been fighting it for about 10 years now). Also, Alberta has the highest incidence of MS in the world! 1/2 of the money raised stays to help local people cope with MS, the other 1/2 goes to research. And since Calgary has a large MS research program, much of that money will stay local also. Here is my donation site:

http://mssoc.convio.net/site/TR/BikeTour/AlbertaandNorthwestTerritoriesDivision?px=1292843&pg=personal&fr_id=3921&s_locale=en_CA

• 4 weeks later...

Current status of auctions:

Beef Jerky waiting on a bid (seriously? It's the food of the Gods! Or at least the food of back country fishermen)

Troutlovers Bow River Jet boat float $150

Sanky's Red Deer River float $160

Fly Fishing Bootcamp complete with rod and reel $100

These close Saturday, I'll start the next round likely Monday.

Good luck everyone on the auctions! I am going to be out of cell range (thankfully) for much of the weekend so night not be able to reply to any questions. I hope i get some rod bending on k lakes. Oh,and if you know anyone wanting to learn fly fishing,the boot camp at $100 is a total steal. The gear alone is worth more!

Thanks to everyone who donated, bid, or won prizes. And a special thanks to those who own and run this board. It's cliche I know, but it is humbling to receive the support. Thanks again, and we will do it again this time next year!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to give an update on my fundraising efforts. I'm up to around $5400, getting close to the top 10 in fundraising out of 600 riders. The support from this board is a huge part of that total. I'm really hoping to hit $6000 this year in support of this withy cause. My sister as well as several friends have MS. It is a truly debilitating disease. The funds we raise go towards quality of life initiatives and towards research to reduced the effects of MS and hopefully one day find a cure. So I'm making one final appeal to raise funds. If you bid on any item and did not win, or enjoyed watching the auctions, or just want to help, just click on the link on my signature below. No donation is too small (or too big)! Thanks again to all.