Fly Fusion Forums

Pink Sage 5# Rod

murray

If any of our lady members are interested, there is a Sage, VT2 Hot Pink rod for sale on EBAY. Here is the link for any that might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SAGE-Limited-Edition-Pi...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure if this link will work. If it doesn't, try going to Ebay.ca,look in fly fishing, check the box for items in Canada, its on page 14.

Murray

Thank you , I have been looking for one of the Pink Sages since last February. I bought the Pink Islander for my wife for a wedding gift.

For those who don't know, both Sage and Islander created the Pink Series Rods and Reels to show support for Breast Cancer research. Proceeds of the original sale went to the Breast Cancer Foundation. Now Ross reels have followed suit.

There were only a limited amount made and sold, so this seller is trying to capitilize on the collectability of the rod.

Weedy1, little do you know that my screen name on eBay is not rickr, it is Jackies_Antiques. SNAP! Here is my about Me page: http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...ackies_antiques

Oh oh, wait a minute, did I just tell everyone that my eBay name is Jackies_Antiques. No it isn't, its Rick's Ball Busting Sports and Outdoors. Promise.

Crap.

I do like the Pink rod however, but I already have a perfectly functional 5 wt. I think some of you may have seen it? Now if it was a 3, I'd be all over it. It would look great with a new Bauer reel.

Anyone know where a fella could find a nice pink and yellow sweater?

For those who don't know, both Sage and Islander created the Pink Series Rods and Reels to show support for Breast Cancer research. Proceeds of the original sale went to the Breast Cancer Foundation. Now Ross reels have followed suit.

TFO has had this rod out for awhile as well:

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/recovery.html#T

Guest Rocknbugs
If any of our lady members are interested, there is a Sage, VT2 Hot Pink rod for sale on EBAY. Here is the link for any that might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SAGE-Limited-Edition-Pi...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure if this link will work. If it doesn't, try going to Ebay.ca,look in fly fishing, check the box for items in Canada, its on page 14.

Murray

Thanks for the link man, I am going to try a couple of bids on that bad boy.

Guest Rocknbugs
sweet rod, but i just dont think i could show up on the river to fish with a pink rod. at least not be taken remotely seriously. now if it was camo...

I could and will if I win it, there is no shame in the meaning of it, my younger sister has been fighting it for 5 years now.

I could and will if I win it, there is no shame in the meaning of it, my younger sister has been fighting it for 5 years now.

no shame intended. at least if someone started to comment on your pink rod you could say, hey i bought this to show support for my sister. let them figure it out. i know what the colour stands for and the meaning. (side bar, my dad died of colon ca when i was 12). the colour reference isnt the issue. although in general, i'm not a pink girl, a little too girly fo me.

however, the colour pink is such a female colour - hence the reason it was chosen for breast ca. although not singularily a woman's disease, as a small percentage of men do suffer from breast ca, it is prodminantly a woman's disease. most people these days are fairly knowledgible about what pink represents because of the advertising, which is great.

Think of it this way, me being female, showing up alone on the river with a pink rod. there are still a few ignorant asses out there who look at me sideways as it is. think i'm just out there to give it a go, poser, shall we say.

i'm single and i fish alone in the city for the most part. it isnt as though i'm the girlfriend or the wife hanging out with my man for a day of fishing. which i think is really cool if you have something like that to share in a relationship. i have heard comments from my male companions regarding women who go fishing with their husbands and boyfriends, after forgetting that i am either A, female, or B, within earshot. 'aww, isnt that cute, she's trying to fish to spend time with the hubby.' in a very condicending tone. 'ugh, make me puke. please :rolleyes: .' but it is funny when i have to remind them that i out fished them that day. lol

it is hard enough to be taken seriously as a woman in a male majority sport and not necessarily from the men who actually fly fish but arses out walking their dogs who think it is funny or cute. it does get a little annoying after continuous comments like "hey, you going to go down there and show those boys how to do it? haha" (actual quote) or "hey, you're a girl." umm, thanks for noticing?

i do take my fishing seriously and i can hold my own. but to then to show up with a pink rod makes it a little more difficult, i can imagine comments i would get from that. i dont need a pink rod to stand out in a crowd and i certainly dont need the jerkoffs telling me it's a guy thing. PFO smile nice and wave.

now if i could have an irridescent purple one with royal blue on it. that would be cool. like my pool cue

it is unfortunate that my attitude has been shaped by previous experiences on the river, parking lots near the river, lakes and ponds but it has. there are a lot of jerks out there who dont understand, i love my fishing as much as any guy out there.

Guest Rocknbugs
no shame intended. at least if someone started to comment on your pink rod you could say, hey i bought this to show support for my sister. let them figure it out. i know what the colour stands for and the meaning. (side bar, my dad died of colon ca when i was 12). the colour reference isnt the issue. although in general, i'm not a pink girl, a little too girly fo me.

however, the colour pink is such a female colour - hence the reason it was chosen for breast ca. although not singularily a woman's disease, as a small percentage of men do suffer from breast ca, it is prodminantly a woman's disease. most people these days are fairly knowledgible about what pink represents because of the advertising, which is great.

Think of it this way, me being female, showing up alone on the river with a pink rod. there are still a few ignorant asses out there who look at me sideways as it is. think i'm just out there to give it a go, poser, shall we say.

i'm single and i fish alone in the city for the most part. it isnt as though i'm the girlfriend or the wife hanging out with my man for a day of fishing. which i think is really cool if you have something like that to share in a relationship. i have heard comments from my male companions regarding women who go fishing with their husbands and boyfriends, after forgetting that i am either A, female, or B, within earshot. 'aww, isnt that cute, she's trying to fish to spend time with the hubby.' in a very condicending tone. 'ugh, make me puke. please :rolleyes: .' but it is funny when i have to remind them that i out fished them that day. lol

it is hard enough to be taken seriously as a woman in a male majority sport and not necessarily from the men who actually fly fish but arses out walking their dogs who think it is funny or cute. it does get a little annoying after continuous comments like "hey, you going to go down there and show those boys how to do it? haha" (actual quote) or "hey, you're a girl." umm, thanks for noticing?

i do take my fishing seriously and i can hold my own. but to then to show up with a pink rod makes it a little more difficult, i can imagine comments i would get from that. i dont need a pink rod to stand out in a crowd and i certainly dont need the jerkoffs telling me it's a guy thing. PFO smile nice and wave.

now if i could have an irridescent purple one with royal blue on it. that would be cool. like my pool cue

it is unfortunate that my attitude has been shaped by previous experiences on the river, parking lots near the river, lakes and ponds but it has. there are a lot of jerks out there who dont understand, i love my fishing as much as any guy out there.

I see your point, its a good point to. I really have not given it any thought because I have never seen a woman flyfishing.....ever, except for on TV. Do people really say crap like that? I dont think its unfortunate I think your attitude is great, jerks are jerks......f#$k'em, who needs'em!!!

Whats funny is that when I was young, the women at my families 'fishing/camping trips' used to out fish the men and it we would rib each other for being out done. I've never had a shovenistic opinion of fishing, but some people who can't help themselves but announce something they haven't seen before. "Hey, wow! that guy is blind" when his 8 feet away, or "wow, you have big teeth" while being introduced to someone. Do'h.

My friend Stu is like that, although his fault is from a 'harmless' lack of intellegence, but its amazing and soooo embarassing when your with him. lol

Hey ladystrange, I remember when I was a teenager, one of my favorite things to do was wear an old concert t-shirt and my gunkiest runners to the local golf course and sign up as a single. You could see the panic on the old guys faces when I asked to join them. I was a big hitter and could outhit most men. Sure was fun to see the new look on their faces!

Obviously I have no idea what it is like to be a girl on the river. But I would absolutely love to see you with a pink rod, and to see you rub some idiots face in it when you outfished him.

I like it...... Not gonna buy it but I think its a pretty sweet rod. Its a manly pink. And really its not how the rod looks in your hand its how a nice tight 30 foot loop looks in the eye of the person who was just laughin at yer pink rod..... I am a little surprised though to hear ladystrange say that its tough in a fairly male dominated sport...... Do you just get that over the shoulder half scowl with the unseen but felt thousand yard stare hiding beneath dark polarized sunglasses when you walk past other anglers?

Rock - there arent many of us, which is the why i get all the funny looks and yes they do say things like that, actually happened when i was meeting play doh and he was already at the river and Knotlikely went ahead of me.

rickr - i would love that. but i get myself in enough trouble as it is. lol

LF. generally it isnt the guys who are fishing that seem to have a problem. a few of the older ones give me the double take - that was the 'ur a girl?' question. i've had that on more that one occation. lol mostly the guys 55/60 and under seem to very accepting and willing to share. the grandpa over 80 treat me like a granddaughter.

there just seem to be a few 60- 80 who are still feisty enough to think the river is theirs and a girl should not be fishing unles they are with their husbands, it just isnt done, this single female thing... i think it just weirds them out or confusses them or something.

i think there are a few more days. maybe i will look again. but then i would have to get the pink reel.

there just seem to be a few 60- 80 who are still feisty enough to think the river is theirs and a girl should not be fishing unles they are with their husbands, it just isnt done, this single female thing... i think it just weirds them out or confusses them or something.

On the "plus" side.. they'll be dead soon. :o