Fly Fusion Forums

Fiberglass

Just ordered Cabela's CGR, 2wt. We have a little pond in Lethbridge that is stocked in early May, where I plan to take my son with hopes of his first fish on the fly. Should be a fun place to try it out!

The Mountain Brook Blanks came in, nice rods, will be nice to fish. Started the first build. Marked the spine and glued up the butt section.

I see what you're trying to do here... first you & Murray get me into tying at the Expo, and now you're enticing me into rod-building. You lot are relentless ;)

• Like 2

Wondering is anyone has fished a blue halo glass rod? Definitely look good.

I built a Blue Halo 5wt Raw and it is a nice casting rod, a little bit faster than their 3wt class but still pretty much parabolic. The next glass for my to build is the Ijuin Yomogi 4wt 7'3" Semi Parabolic.

I also have a Kabuto 3wt 7'3" that I really like, a bit faster than the Blue Halo, very similar to Orvis Glass 3wt.

• Like 1

I built a Blue Halo 5wt Raw and it is a nice casting rod, a little bit faster than their 3wt class but still pretty much parabolic. The next glass for my to build is the Ijuin Yomogi 4wt 7'3" Semi Parabolic.

I also have a Kabuto 3wt 7'3" that I really like, a bit faster than the Blue Halo, very similar to Orvis Glass 3wt.

Post your build, we would love to see it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...