Fly Fusion Forums

Application For These?

BigFoamy

Obviously they're flies. Found these in my Dads old tackle box, I know for fact he's never fly fished in his life. I guess my question is, where these used for fly fishing back in the day or something else?

IMG_1383_zps554c7baa.jpg

Back in the late 60's or early 70's, I used them. You could pick them up pretty cheap. The only drawback was that they were so light that you had to put some kind of weight on your line or you couldn't cast them. Lots of guys would troll with them behind a boat. I didn't have a boat.

• Like 1

Brookie slayers,used as is or tipped with earthworms it ain't even fair......yummm

Not really flies from "back in the day,but more so light spinning tackle.The Bumblebees and variants are often referred to as "McGintys",and basic red/white or orange/white "Brookie fins" are all very effective brook trout patterns on their own merit....trailed on lite wire spinners as you have there,with or without bait,they'll catch greedy and gullable brookies all day.

• Like 1