Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying 2015 Edition

AndyR

Size 6 Tiemco, great pattern all over the mountains, to right in town here.

so deer hair, foam and rubber legs pretty much? the fly on the right it looks like two clumps of hair, is that correct?

• 2 weeks later...

Lornce, tell us more about that variant. Ants and Tricos? Looks deadly. All the good stuff from a usual, h&l and renagade.

Been using it this year with a high rate of success. Was was watching big Cutties proposing for Emergers on one of our streams and tried to combine the triggers (the UV in Peacock & red head and butt). I sometimes cut back the hair with scissors on the water to reduce to trico and ant size. The red on the hook bend entices like an emerger. The heavy wide gape both acts as a rudder to right it, large bend for easier hookup and heavy to deal with some of the beefy Browns and Cuts I stumble on. The small size is also important. It also works when small stoneflies are emerging and as a prospecting fly. I am experimenting with a couple of color variations. The hook I've found has a large eye, which for an old bugger like me, helps, especially in low light and late evening.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...