Fly Fusion Forums

What Are You Tying 2014 Edition

ggp

Whooo, thats awesome!!!!.. Nice work!.... That Fly will work at Bullshead for sure, cant wait to try it.... :D

Cheers... Jeff..;.;

I'm sure it'll work at Bullshead, it'll also work on those Bulltrout come next spring!!!!

• Like 1

I got them at Sportsmens den in Red Deer. I originally went through it with the guy I always talk to there and it turned out to be much cheaper to buy those rather than the other ones where you have to put the stickers for the eyes on yourself. I'm not sure where else you could find them

• Like 1

P1140876_zps967aa53e.jpg

these are the type of flies i would like to learn to tie. Besides the peacock I can't tell what you have on this thing. Would it be possible for you to send me a doable pattern and the list of materials to tie it. Im sure I would have to go buy all the material, I just dont know what they are. Tinsels, feathers etc.

• Like 2

these are the type of flies i would like to learn to tie. Besides the peacock I can't tell what you have on this thing. Would it be possible for you to send me a doable pattern and the list of materials to tie it. Im sure I would have to go buy all the material, I just dont know what they are. Tinsels, feathers etc.

Thanks BigFoamy. I think you could tie this fly and probably have most of the material needed to do so, however I will give you a list of all the materials used on this one.

Tag---fine silver tinsel, red floss ribbed

Tail---Golden Pheasant Crest, peacock sword

Butt---Peacock hurl

Body---medium silver and medium gold oval tinsel separated with a Lady Amherst feather (from the head - beak area) and peacock hurl. Last third is floss ribbed with small oval and small flat silver tinsel with a space between each for hackle to follow.

Hackle---red

Throat---Peacock sword, natural guinea

Wing---Guinea natural, Married Goose red, blue, black, and a topping of Golden Pheasant Crest

Sides---Jungle Cock

• Like 1